BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody done an exhaust install in the DC/VA area? Somebody was nice enough to recommend Martin motorsport, but unfortunately, they hadn't done an M5 yet. Nice folks, but I wanted to see if anybody had any other recommendations. I'm going with the ss x pipe on back.

Thanks.cherrsagai

·
Registered
178 Posts
getbent said:
Anybody done an exhaust install in the DC/VA area? Somebody was nice enough to recommend Martin motorsport, but unfortunately, they hadn't done an M5 yet. Nice folks, but I wanted to see if anybody had any other recommendations. I'm going with the ss x pipe on back.

Thanks.cherrsagai
Did mine myself. I know Gary Martin, He's a great guy! If you go there tell him "NSX Robert" said hi!

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
nsxttt said:
Did mine myself. I know Gary Martin, He's a great guy! If you go there tell him "NSX Robert" said hi!
Will do. He said bring the pipes by and he'd take a look and let me know if he thought he could do it. Very honest guy, but I also wanted to see if anybody else had one done locally. No way I'm doing this one myself....I'd probably cut a hole in the floorboard.

·
Registered
540 Posts
getbent said:

Thanks.cherrsagai
Is your exhaust a cat back or cans only. either way, the install should not be dif for any exhaust/muffler shop as long as the system was made for the M5. The brackets should fit on factory mounts with little or no trouble, maybe a bit of bending. The most critical part is where to make the cut. Sometimes you need some fine tuning to get the tips aligned and at elevation.

If nothing else, your local dealer should be able to do it.

good luck

al

1 - 4 of 4 Posts