BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My daytime running lights on one side of my 2010 M6 are dead. I have been wanting to upgrade to the brighter lights (angle eyes) for a long time. I guess now is the time to do so. I have read a lot online about the angel eyes and which ones are the best. I am still in the dark on this and do not know which way to turn. By replacing these "Angle Eyes" does that correct my problem. To make sure I make this clear, the otter lights do not work at all, even when the headlights are on. The driving lights work, but no outer lights. Can someone direct me to where I should look or who knows what is the best choice for replacements. I really like the new BMWs with the brighter outside lights, so whatever is best to get close to that would be nice. And is there possibly a fuse that could be out so it can be fixed in the meantime, or are they dead for good?
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
589 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I contacted Eloy from RPi asking for his advice. He directed me to Trinity Autosport here in S.Cal. They are sending to me 20W bulbs to replace the ones that come stock. I do not know how they will be, how they will look or if it is the right choice. I will post pictures of them online once I put them in, which should be any day now.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OK, got in the lights and it was simple to do. Took 15 minutes and if I had to do it again, 5 mintues. I did get the 20 Watt bulbs from Trinity Autosport and it is a big improvement over the OEMs. As far as I can see they are very close to the ones that are now on all the new BMWs. If anything should go wrong, I will report it here. Cost was 200 bucks and the lights do look a ton better than the stock lights

1 - 5 of 5 Posts