BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My engine light (yellow engine picture on LH side of the dash) comes on along with all the others on starting the car then stays on :confused2

I couldn't find anything in the manual on this one ? I have just has the extended temp sensor fitted, assumng that the two are related ?

·
Registered
323 Posts
Thats the " emissions " light. The manual says get it checked when possible , but not urgrnt. It could be one of many things , such as a faulty sensor in the cats , or just a leak in your exhaust. Mine did this on and off ( it would stay on for 2 days then go off ) with no signs of there being anything wrong at all. I had it checked and it got a clean bill of health.

weeks later my vanos unit failed on one bank of the V8 and the next day the other bank went as well.

Worth getting it checked out.

Regards
Nat.

:D

Carrera2RS said:
My engine light (yellow engine picture on LH side of the dash) comes on along with all the others on starting the car then stays on :confused2

I couldn't find anything in the manual on this one ? I have just has the extended temp sensor fitted, assumng that the two are related ?

·
Registered
776 Posts
This happens with my '00 M5 as well. My shop, Motor Works West in NJ, states is usually a vacuum leak detection on the fuel tank. It takes a few cycles of starting the car to reset it. Nothing to be overly concerned about, but having the fault codes read at you next service would clarify the issue for sure.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts