BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the few years I've owned my M5, the lower section of the dash display has been blank unless the car is trying to tell me something such as lights on, low wash fluid, it's friggin cold outside, etc. or if I was playing with the Ktemp readout. This morning when I started it, it displayed the time and it kept showing the time after changing radio stations and such. Never seen that before. The only thing I've done in the last couple of weeks was reset the clock last week for daylight savings. What's going on here? I don't know why it started and I'd prefer to have that area blank unless something is wrong. Is there a process to set what is displayed there?

I did notice that my service light bar went into the red recently and I think it says "Inspection". Would that do it? I've not reset the service indicator because I was curious as to how it progressed. All the services are up to date and ahead of schedule.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Hope this helps:

Attachments

Reactions: gzig5

·
Super Moderator
4,850 Posts
You might be missing out on neat features/distractions in that readout location.

I leave mine on Range most of the time. On long roadtrips, I like to reset one of my Cons(umption) counters to track instantaneous/highway fuel efficiency. Some people like to use the Stopwatch. Others use it to see the Secret Menu metrics. It's easy to cycle back to [nothing] too.

Consult the Sticky FAQ for either Owners' manuals or Secret Menu tests, if need be.

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Thanks guys. I'm not a manual reader, though I b!tch about my customers not reading manuals all the time. I'll look it up and play around with it a bit. I must have bumped the stalk.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts