BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wrong Forum?

I am looking for recommendations on a dash cam, one that collects data such as speed and GPS would be great. I would also like an option to film the drivers window to record interactions during pull-overs.

The reason for me posting here is that I would like to keep aesthetics in mind and not disrupt the interior too much. Otherwise, i have no issues throwing a clunky camera in the truck.

·
Registered
994 Posts
Hi,

You'll need one of the camera options which allows you to use a 2nd camera. Usually, they're used to record through the rear windshield, but as you wish to record the drivers window area as you get stopped by the cops so much, you'll need to mount it somewhere which suits - perhaps top of the passenger A pillar?

Here's a site for you

https://dashcamtalk.com/

Cheers, Dennis!

·
Registered
301 Posts
I'd be interested in this as well. Specifically for our cars, what cameras, where, tapped to certain wires?

Also, although the OP's post was comical I've had need for one twice in 2 weeks. People lie, liars suck.

·
Registered
2,529 Posts
I believe there have been multiple posts on this subject. The links provided is probably all you need, but a search should reveal some info here as well.

·
Registered
12,398 Posts
Make sure you understand the laws involved when recording interactions with others at your window.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts