BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all

First of all I'd like to say sorry to Spiroman for the 4 days delayed post, we've had some internet trouble :sad1:

But - it's here! The mighty M5, and it really is mighty! It's sound is phenominal, especially when you accelerate. And we got the sunroof option too so it's extra nice, sunroof is a BIG recommendation.

To clear one thing up, the cold engine start isn't diesel like, it's brutal! When the car is parked in the garage and someone starts it (not me, as i'm not old enough to drive it, but will be soon :p ) it says WROOOM and little heads starts showing up in the surrounding windows... It's really great, only a tiny bit of diesel-like in the front end.

And then there is the automatic, works fantastic aswell. My dad finds it very good, you just have to set the mode for your driving mood. D1 = Lazy cruising, D3, D4 = more aggresive driving, and if you want to go real aggresive, you just press the M button ;)

We've only rev'ed it up to 5500 rpm (ok 5600 once, my dad missed the counter) but it still pulls very good (no kickdown or full throttle). And we were surprised to see how many heads turned. But mainly that's cause of the sound, it is really great..

The navigation works fine too as we tested it towards Lund, Sweden today, no complains there. The only thing we are still working with is bluetooth, but i'm sure that won't be a problem for much longer as we are visiting the dealer tomorrow.

We have around 500 km on the clock now, strugling to get 2000. But it's tough with only 165 km/h on the highways and all the police :sad1:

Any question about what we think of the car so far, go ahead and ask :cheers:

Now enjoy the pictures, though i can't post the ones with plate on because when i edited the pictures the program said this picture can't be saved.

Looks like a rent car with that key, we just haven't had the time to replace it yet :blabla:

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oh yeah.. forgot to mention.. the color is the best!! kinggf

·
Registered
217 Posts
Congrats Morten. The bronze colour looks really superb in your pics.

Mine is at the dealer now, 5 miles from home. But I'm travelling so can't even go and see it. Becuase of UK licence plate stuff I cant drive it till 1 Sept but it will be delivered to my house 25 Aug when I return from vacation. I have actually still never seen an e60M5 in the flesh, only pics, so I think my own car will be the first one I ever see mmmmmm

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi MortenDK! Great looking car you have there.. Our M5 is now at the border and we are going to get it tommorow :thumbsup: Can't wait!

If i understood correctly your speed limit is 165 km/h on the high way? Lucky you, in Finland 120 km/h is the biggest speed limit that there is... And if you get caught by the police while speeding you will have a big ticket if you have a big salary..

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi Morten !

big Congrats!

Great colour choice, looks very nice! I Guess we wont be seeing many of those here. Do you know how many are coming to Denmark ? And how many have been delivered ? Im pretty sure i saw a black one near Århus, but its the only one ive seen so far ...

·
Registered
943 Posts
Congrats Morten! :happybirt

The car looks very very nice! Beautiful interior. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
Congratulations! :thumbsup:

The more I see these cars the more I am thinking of organising a big European M5 meet for next year..... details to follow :D

·
Registered
5 Posts
which color interior is that...silverstone or individual? also if i am correct that doesnt have ventilated seats.... if right...how do you think the ventilated seat option would look on this car

also is that the full leather option

·
Registered
149 Posts
Looks like standard interior as full leather has leather on lower portion of doors.
The ventilated seats would look fine. The Interior is either Silverstone or Sepang. Both are light. Sepang is like a tan gray color. I ordered black with sepang full vent seats.

DHARAMSEY said:
which color interior is that...silverstone or individual? also if i am correct that doesnt have ventilated seats.... if right...how do you think the ventilated seat option would look on this car

also is that the full leather option

·
Registered
69 Posts
I ordered black with sepang full vent seats
Our car arrived to the dealer today and it's sapphite black too with sepang bronze and madeira wood. And I promise that it looks great!! Good choice!

·
Registered
149 Posts
Glad to hear it. I have a sample of the leather but wasn't sure how it would look. I picked the lighter wood but can still change to darker wood. Post some pictures if you can. I liked the portland Brown leather, but thought it might be too dark so went with sepang. Enjoy the car. I know it is awesome.
Thanks for letting me know.

phille said:
Our car arrived to the dealer today and it's sapphite black too with sepang bronze and madeira wood. And I promise that it looks great!! Good choice!

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
jon140 said:
Hi Morten !

big Congrats!

Great colour choice, looks very nice! I Guess we wont be seeing many of those here. Do you know how many are coming to Denmark ? And how many have been delivered ? Im pretty sure i saw a black one near Århus, but its the only one ive seen so far ...
Hey, at the beginning I thought my dad had bought the last one, but then apparently only 6 - 7 cars have arrived, and only 3 of them have been registered so far (ours is one of them) with danish reg. plates.

We've been told a total of 10 M5's would be shipped to Denmark.

And for all the rest, yes it is Sepang Bronze Leather, and it looks very nice indeed :M5thumbs:

·
Registered
69 Posts
High Timbers said:
Glad to hear it. I have a sample of the leather but wasn't sure how it would look. I picked the lighter wood but can still change to darker wood. Post some pictures if you can. I liked the portland Brown leather, but thought it might be too dark so went with sepang. Enjoy the car. I know it is awesome.
Thanks for letting me know.
Probably we will get the car tomorrow and I will post pics. as fast as I can! :flag:

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
asturias said:
Congrats on your new toy!! Sepang Bronze looks VERY nice on those pics!
It looks even better in real life lovelove

1 - 20 of 25 Posts