BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:thumbsup:

Mods going on today, Supersprint exhaust, software, CAI, and MAFs, also IATS. Very happy man.

:haha2:

Going crazy waiting to pick it up.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
SS Headers should be in the pipeline - they really complement the sound of an aftermarket exhaust. One of my favorite mods.

Enjoy your newly modded M5!

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
DrewT said:
BMW of Greenwich, they have an amazing new facility.
Speaking of amazing new facilities.. anyone in Florida should stop by Reeves BMW in Tampa if they are in the area. I have never seen such an amazing transformation. The service area has about 30(!) lifts, with three garage doors that open into three rows of 10 lifts each . The best part is that you can see the whole bay from the service rep area. They have 5 large windows that overlook the whole thing.

And on the second floor is where they keep the WHOLE inventory of new cars.. it's all covered.

·
Registered
4,419 Posts
DrewT said:

Mods going on today, Supersprint exhaust, software, CAI, and MAFs, also IATS. Very happy man.

Congrats DrewT,

But in your excitment you forgot to tell us, Which Brand of Mod?

Dinan CAI or AA CAI ?

Dinan Software or Powerchip?

Dinan Larger MAFS?

UF Motorsports IATS or the Dinan Version?

:M5thumbs:

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
All Dinan except the exhaust. The car is CPO and I want to keep the service manager happy if god forbid there is any kind of problem like another cam shaft sensor etc....

PS the supersprint without the Xpipe I think is actually quieter at idle then stock

·
Registered
5,226 Posts
DrewT said:
All Dinan except the exhaust. The car is CPO and I want to keep the service manager happy if god forbid there is any kind of problem like another cam shaft sensor etc....

PS the supersprint without the Xpipe I think is actually quieter at idle then stock
Drew,

You are probably correct because the SS does not pull the OEM resonantors. The second they come off with any aftermarket system, you will have a louder exhaust. Tubi has its own set of rsonantors built in, but the exhaust is still more noticable, in a good way, than stock.

Mark

·
Registered
5,078 Posts
I've heard a lot about the BMW of Greenwich, going tom take a ride to check it out:M5launch:

·
Registered
5,078 Posts
DrewT said:

Drew, just curious but did you buy your car from BMW of Manhattan back in December '04?

·
Registered
4,406 Posts
DrewT said:

Greenwich BMW is a sister dealership of Wide World BMW. Both are authorized Dinan dealers. :hihi:

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Nope December of 03 from Westchester CPO with 14k miles. I test drove an 00 in NYC but passed based on price, options (no folding seats) and mileage almost 25K.

SO I got my CAI and MAF'S in myself today and part of last night, the install is CAKE, rip off at 6hrs of labor but getting the crap out of the way required being double jointed. Thank god for the right tools. Overall I think the car feels faster but maybe not. What is a huge difference is throttle response. Good mods.

·
Registered
5,078 Posts
I saw that '00 in NYC and also passed because of the price tag - way to high. I found my baby two weeks later at a local CT dealer:D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts