BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a used Dinan 3.91 Difff for sale, Troy seems to think some one on here would want this for a project? so I will post it for sale and see what comes of it

It has 1 broken tooth and 2 cracked ones on either side of the broken one, as far as I can tell the pinion gear is fine, this still works and drives just fine, just makes a slight helicopter noise, on a scale of 1-10 I would give the noise a 2. Most people wouldn't even notice it but I need to be honest about this

600 plus shipping

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
As far as I know it's a OEM LSD

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Bumped 600 shipped in usa

·
Registered
7,328 Posts
So what needs to be done to "fix" it and what would be the estimated cost? Or it can't be fixed and you're saying it runs fine the way it is except for the slight noise?

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So what needs to be done to "fix" it and what would be the estimated cost? Or it can't be fixed and you're saying it runs fine the way it is except for the slight noise?
I assume you can get a ring gear installed and be just fine. No idea on cost

Yes it currently works I was doing 140 on it the day I pulled out. I thought it was a bad bearing or u joint. Then I pulled it out and Inspected it

·
Registered
7,328 Posts
You need this in your life Tony

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Of course. Like every other mod. I NEED everything. :cheers:

I assume you can get a ring gear installed and be just fine. No idea on cost

Yes it currently works I was doing 140 on it the day I pulled out. I thought it was a bad bearing or u joint. Then I pulled it out and Inspected it
Thanks. Let me check around and get back to you.

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Of course. Like every other mod. I NEED everything. :cheers:

Thanks. Let me check around and get back to you.
I considered buying one of Troy's LSD's, purchasing either the R&P or Dinan gears and having Performance Technic build it for me, but I decided to focus on other things first.

Troy is still evil and will occasionally bring up shipping me a LSD lol

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Exhibit A.

Haha Jk, Troy. You're cool. Very tempted to jump on a diff though.. I need to talk to my shop on estimated cost of converting a 3.62 into a 3.91.

Attachments

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So I talked to Diffs online and there are 3 options

#1 A complete rebuild is like 2400 so + 600 you would be at 3k, which is I think more then a new diff from dinan

#2 He sells a new ring and pinion for 899 shipped and you could have a gear shop set it up in this diff for a few hundred bucks I would assume

#3 He has a USED set Ring and Pinion from dinan just gears for 500 shipped. If you are able to turn wrenches you could have a dinan 3.91 diff for around 1300 bucks when your all said and done if you went with option 3

I am considering doing option 3 my self since its so cheap

1 - 14 of 14 Posts