1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
185 Posts
I used to live near there, now I'm 40 miles away but I will warn you. Park Place is an excellent retail dealership for new cars and my family (myself included) have purchased many new cars from them but the guys on their used car lots can't assess the condition of a car to save their lives. When I was searching for my M5 I looked at 2 they had on their Porsche lot. One was a Sterling Gray advertised as perfect, 20K mile car. When I got there to see it, it was very marginal. All 4 wheels were damaged even though the ad stated they were not. The car had some damage to the hood, bumper and one headlight with a really bad touchup job on the paint, many scratches on other parts of the body, interior was good. The other a TiS car with higher mileage was in decent shape (again advertised as perfect) but still not nearly what they claimed in the ad. Neither car was worth what they were willing to sell them for.

I'm going over to that side of town on Thursday afternoon/evening and can stop by for a look if you can wait that long.

GST said:
Hi everyone:
I'm in the market for an '03 M5 and think I may have found one. Is there anyone in the Dallas, TX area that could take a look at it for me?

It's in AutoTrader and eBay...here's the link:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1,1&item=4541421676&sspagename=STRK:MEWA:IT#terms

It's at Park Place Porsche. Thanks in advance for your help! cherrsagai

Glen

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the feedback, Lincoln. I *need* to hear both sides to make an accurate assessment! Another member is going to try to check the car out so hopefully I'll get a first hand overall impression of the the car. I'm hoping for a positive report but am prepared to let this one go if necessary.

Glen

·
Registered
185 Posts
The sad truth for me was that I found 5 or 6 M5's for sale in DFW while I was searching and ended buying one out of southern cali to get one in an acceptable, to me, condition. Mine was perfect when I got it (3K miles) and now has 10.5K miles and is still perfect. Mine is for sale but you are probably not interested since it's an TiS 02 and not 03.

If your "looker" doesn't make it to the dealership before Thursday just PM me and I'll stop for a look. I will be literally passing the dealership on the way to my appointment on Thursday and don't ever mind stopping by to give Brad Pyatt a hard time :)

GST said:
Thanks for the feedback, Lincoln. I *need* to hear both sides to make an accurate assessment! Another member is going to try to check the car out so hopefully I'll get a first hand overall impression of the the car. I'm hoping for a positive report but am prepared to let this one go if necessary.

Glen

·
Registered
366 Posts
Glen,

I stopped by and saw the M5s, one Carbon Blk/Sport and one LeMans Blue/Lux. The Carbon car was in pretty much pristine shape paintwise, no wheel rash on either, very clean interiors on both. The LMB car had minor rock chipping on the hood, 5-6 chips in all. Neither car has any dings on its' side. I did not drive them nor did I sit in them as it was early. Either car is clean enough to pass my tests. Both are 03s so any mechanical issues fall under the BMW service warranty. I'd CPO it as well to go out to 100K.

Let me know which I should take a closer look at.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Alex. I'm interested in the LMB. Any chance you could take some pix of the chips in the hood? And if you could arrange a test drive...just to make sure it drives right! ;-)

ALEV8 said:
Glen,

I stopped by and saw the M5s, one Carbon Blk/Sport and one LeMans Blue/Lux. The Carbon car was in pretty much pristine shape paintwise, no wheel rash on either, very clean interiors on both. The LMB car had minor rock chipping on the hood, 5-6 chips in all. Neither car has any dings on its' side. I did not drive them nor did I sit in them as it was early. Either car is clean enough to pass my tests. Both are 03s so any mechanical issues fall under the BMW service warranty. I'd CPO it as well to go out to 100K.

Let me know which I should take a closer look at.

·
Registered
361 Posts
A very good friend of mine works there. He'll check it out and give me the skinny on it tomorrow.

BTW, this is where I bought my car and it was a great experience. Did everything over the phone. The salesman brought the car to me to look at.

Hopefully he'll tell me what they have in it.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ugh...looks like this one got away! :crying2:

But thanks for all the feedback and comments...really do appreciate this board and it's members.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts