BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!

I have started a register of the M5 1995 (LHD) "worldwide". I try to locate as many as possible. I have a picture of an M5 1995 in Dakaryellow. I wonder if anyone know the number of the chariot. If it´s an RHD, then I´m not interested. It must start with "GD64xxx". If anyone know´s it and dont want to post it in the forum, just ask for me for my e-mail address. The car is registered in England so the changes that the cars number start with "GD64" is very smal I think.

Best wishes

Daniel

·
Registered
3,327 Posts
It's RHD, just look at the wipers. The wipers always rest on the passenger's side........

m5.individual said:
Hello!

I have started a register of the M5 1995 (LHD) "worldwide". I try to locate as many as possible. I have a picture of an M5 1995 in Dakaryellow. I wonder if anyone know the number of the chariot. If it´s an RHD, then I´m not interested. It must start with "GD64xxx". If anyone know´s it and dont want to post it in the forum, just ask for me for my e-mail address. The car is registered in England so the changes that the cars number start with "GD64" is very smal I think.

Best wishes

Daniel

·
Registered
532 Posts
Its definately RHD. Parked next to it at a BMW meet at Castle Donington race track.

Had black leather. Was for sale at the time if I remember right........

Mark

:M5launch:

·
Registered
868 Posts
dronfieldm said:
Its definately RHD. Parked next to it at a BMW meet at Castle Donington race track.

Had black leather. Was for sale at the time if I remember right........

Mark

:M5launch:

I imagine the for sale sign was in braille.

hiha :hihi:

·
Registered
970 Posts
It was for sale for over £10k. Advertised as one of the last and run by BMW UK with a pile of extras on it; White cane, bat sonar etc, etc.

M5 powered said:
I imagine the for sale sign was in braille.

hiha :hihi:

·
Registered
646 Posts
Yikes i wanted to buy that car...

And the E39 Dakar one too, saw it at a main dealer at £10k less than 'normal' coloured ones...

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
For sale... again?

The factory Dakar yellow one run as a BMW demonstrator etc etc yada yada.

Either this has car just won't sell for one poor guy, or everyone else buys it for 6 months then dumps it!

What say we all lump in £150 and borrow it a week a year each? LOL :)

Ivan

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
IvanDias said:
For sale... again?

The factory Dakar yellow one run as a BMW demonstrator etc etc yada yada.

Either this has car just won't sell for one poor guy, or everyone else buys it for 6 months then dumps it!

What say we all lump in £150 and borrow it a week a year each? LOL :)

Ivan

Funny that, I met this car and its then owner ( A trader...)
about four years ago at an autocar "howfast" day at the autodrome...

He was selling it back then ! ! !

It had 100k on it then so I imagine its got a genuine 44'000miles by now !

·
Registered
868 Posts
Alan Archer said:
Funny that, I met this car and its then owner ( A trader...)
about four years ago at an autocar "howfast" day at the autodrome...

He was selling it back then ! ! !

It had 100k on it then so I imagine its got a genuine 44'000miles by now !

I'd imagine he is waiting for the paint to fade. Might sell it then.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I remember that yellow M5, owner wanted 12K pounds for the car, after two months he drop the price to 10K, car was advertised for months and no one
wanted the car (trying to sell a white or yellow car in England is practically
impossible, the Brits are much more conservative, the exterior color has to be blue, silver, black or grey, if it's white, yellow, or red it will be a hard sell in England (unless it's a Ferrari or something very, very special.) Of all the colors
the Datona Violet color is probably the best color I've seen on an M5.

·
Registered
970 Posts
Surely Avus Blue is the best colour?

Garcia1 said:
I remember that yellow M5, owner wanted 12K pounds for the car, after two months he drop the price to 10K, car was advertised for months and no one
wanted the car (trying to sell a white or yellow car in England is practically
impossible, the Brits are much more conservative, the exterior color has to be blue, silver, black or grey, if it's white, yellow, or red it will be a hard sell in England (unless it's a Ferrari or something very, very special.) Of all the colors
the Datona Violet color is probably the best color I've seen on an M5.

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
yewcorner said:
Surely Avus Blue is the best colour?

OPINIONS VARY :M5launch:

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Garcia1 said:
Of all the colors the Datona Violet color is probably the best color I've seen on an M5.
Garcia clearly knows his stuff - Daytona Violet, or Purple to all you philistines (illijah, farrell) out there, is the best colour on an M5!!!

Of course I am slightly biased.....

·
Moderator Emeritus
4,273 Posts
Jon Baker said:
Garcia clearly knows his stuff - Daytona Violet, or Purple to all you philistines (illijah, farrell) out there, is the best colour on an M5!!!

Its a girls colour. :byee55amg
But it suits you. :haha:
It goes with your nail varnish & lip gloss. hiha

LOL
The Philistine.

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
farrell said:
Its a girls colour. :byee55amg
But it suits you. :haha:
It goes with your nail varnish & lip gloss. hiha

LOL
The Philistine.
Am glad to see that you know your make-up very well.

For your next birthday I will now have to split the amount I spend on both Halfords and Loreal vouchers...because your worth it!!!

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Jon Baker said:

----------------

I don't know about anyone else - but DViolet - makes me want to drink some Ribena.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts