1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
very unique car. however, you have to work on your price. you are not even in the balpark.

alex
few cars

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Email me with an offer. You never know, I might take it :)

·
Registered
177 Posts
Agreed. Interesting color...but the price isn't even close to market value. My '02 Silver with 13,000 miles and every option is on sale for $59,000. I was offered a Black '03 with 7,000 miles for $63,000. Take a look at cars.com and autotrader.com to get a feel for market value. You should subtract 4-5k off of the dealer prices and 1k off of the private seller prices. That should give you a good starting point for pricing. KBB, NADA, & Edmunds are worthless tools for an M5. One man's opinion.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I understand the price is at the top of the scale. If you look on AutoTrader.com it is not the most expensive 01. I'm not in a hurry to sell the car but I can be motivated by a serious buyer. :)

·
Registered
267 Posts
For reference I bought my CPO '01. Jet black on Tan leather int for less than that with 14K miles on it from a dealer, this was in December.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
There are currenlty 3 black M5's at my local dealer and 1 black M5 in the local paper. I opted to special order because I wanted something different and was willing to pay extra. :)

·
Registered
177 Posts
You're right...it's the 2nd most expensive on Autotrader...and nothing else is within $3,000 of yours and the other guys prices. I see you have it at $60k on cars.com...getting closer. I think if you put it our there for $57,000 you might draw some interest due to the unique color.

·
Registered
842 Posts
If it helps at all, I bought my 2001 E39 M5 with 20,000 miles on it for $58,000 - two years ago. When selling a car it is easy to throw out a number and prepare yourself to accept less. The problem is that buyers decide early on what their target price range is and narrow down their search accordingly. To make matters worse many M5's are coming off lease and a new model is being released soon.

You have a unique car and after some time being exposed to enough people you should be able to find the buyer who really likes that combination - but it will probably take some time. While it's hard to get feedback about the price the boardmebers here are only trying to help.

Good luck to you.

Derek

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I definatley appreciate everybody's input.

-Chris

·
Administrator
8,803 Posts
Suretyagent said:
You have a unique car and after some time being exposed to enough people you should be able to find the buyer who really likes that combination - but it will probably take some time. While it's hard to get feedback about the price the boardmebers here are only trying to help.
Having a unique car also means buyers will remember the car being on the market much more than a 'generic' car - so make sure you don't overexpose it at a higher price and then find people avoiding it when you drop in price because they figure there might be something wrong with it.

People will either love or hate that color - which should mean most viewers are serious.

B

·
0 Posts
I actually think that the price is right, as we are looking at a unique vehicle with relatively low mileage, which is located in the realtively higher priced California market. $60K for a car is a lot of money any way one looks at it, as excellent basic transportation can be had for $15K. The right buyer will fall in love with this car, and will very likely be so happy they found this unique vehicle, that they will not care too much about whether or not they over-paid a few grand.

I really believe that one should only buy cars that they can afford to own without it stressing their lifestyle, as cars are a terrible investment. If one tries to nickle-and-dime the ownership experience, they will not be happy campers.

Just my opinion.

·
Registered
5,227 Posts
Since when does an M5 come with OEM Bose speakers? :nono: I think someone misspoke about that item.

Mark

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
MAH said:
Since when does an M5 come with OEM Bose speakers? :nono: I think someone misspoke about that item.

Mark
Sorry. I inadvertently typed in Bose. It does have a 14 speaker sound system with factory subwoofers.

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
the uniqueness of a used car means really nothing nowadays unless the right person finds it and appreciates it. however, that also means the person is bmw-educated and then other things come into play against a previous-gen m5.

this car is prolly worth about $2k more than your average m5.

imo ofcourse

alex
few cars

·
10,445 Posts
AJ said:
this car is prolly worth about $2k more than your average m5.

Which is about what the individual color costs, right? Sounds reasonable.
Mike

·
Administrator
8,803 Posts
Ruffinit said:
Is that a factory M5 color?! Very unique
Depends how you look at it - it's a factory BMW color, but not on the M5. It's a special order by the owner using the BMW Individual program.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts