• More then 1000 KM's per month

Votes: 6 11.8%
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi there gents,

I would like to know whether our cars are used as daily drivers or treated as garage queens or anything in between:):):)

Usage converter

Attachments

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
since Dec 2008 I've done 32,000km, but I don't use her on short trips or around London, ie, decent hot oil drives ;-)

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
Pretty much my garage queen now! Spent thousands over the years, 5 last year and I don't regret a penny. Still enjoy her even if only once a month. :noSMG::noSMG:

·
Registered
763 Posts
She's in semi-retirement...

I live just 2 1/2 miles from work, so I ride the bus and walk....Now I only get to drive it in the evenings and weekends...

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
I think a second question in this poll would be "do you have a second car / daily driver"

and I think over 90% probably do !

I gave up using mine daily around 7 or 8 years ago when
I could see myself doing short journeys and was lucky enough
to afford a second run around.

Have never used it daily since.
It's been great fun having chalk & cheese vehicles though :)

Alan.

·
Registered
86 Posts
My high maintenance, high strung 20 year old girl is spoiled and pampered, doesn't like rain and stays in her garage dwelling the majority of the time, but when she lets loose and struts her stuff, she's smooth like silk, hot like tequila and knows how to give her man a good ride!

Reactions: e28s38b36 and 1day

·
Registered
244 Posts
Mine has been a queen until last year , now i drive her almost daily ... and she is just over 62.000 km :)

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
I suppose mine is a garage queen, I don't use it as a daily driver anymore. It's really used as a weekend car now, I don't use it if the weather is bad though, even so I'm still doing around 5k miles a year in it.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks for a all the comments. I use mine around 3 to 4 times a week. I've owned the car for 3,5 years (september 2007 and counting). In 2010 I didn't use it due to problems in my personal life:(. Now it's back on the road and boy do I love it:goldcup:. Bought it with 186.000 KM's. Now it's almost hitting the 230.000 mark. So 45.000 KM's in 3,5 years. Very glad she's still running like a charm.....

Although this is a forum about our cars,... it would never be fun if we wouldn't know a little bit about the owner.......:M5launch:

Reactions: ARMANCZ

·
Registered
7,672 Posts
My only concern is trying to decide which one to drive and I would love to drive them all on any given day .

I still believe that our cars benefit from being used regularly , with mechanical sympathy and regular servicing .

I can well understand why someone would have a small run around for essential commuting and an E34 M5 purely for pleasure !

D

·
Registered
907 Posts
Hi all,

Hear is the truth!

1. If your car is close to 100K+ mark and not all original or show condition paint etc its considered as a daily driver ! Keeping the car in a garage and not enjoying it is not worth it...

2. If your car has is very low miles in show room condition, 100% original paint, spotless interior etc then its considered garage queen... and weekend driver and BMW shows

I am a E24 M6 freak and I end up having daily driver E24 M6 Black and one more E24 M6 Black Garage queen 100% original and un-restored car! I use it only to go to BMW shows. The rest 364 days is sitting in my garage safely covered away from sun and other bad exposures...

Also, ask me which one I like the most. No question I like the most my Daily drive one because I enjoy it every day and every moment.

Installing performance parts, wheels, brakes, coil overs etc... versus the original E24 M6 I can not touch anything because the value is the originality...

My opinion is, if your car is not less than 50-70k or +/-100km..show condition... Enjoy your toy as a daily driver and dont worry.

Anri

·
Registered
178 Posts
I live in the city so walking or public transport is my daily mode of transport. The M5 is now purely for weekend fun and some road trips :)

1 - 20 of 44 Posts