BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Some of you might know, I started rounding things up for the upcoming Chicago meet.

My DA SC'd M5 has been at DA getting new rings.(cylinder 2 went bad a couple months ago.)
Anyway, I was hoping to be able to bring her to the Chi meet, but it just isnt happening. I will be getting the car early next month. We added and changed a few things on the car, but it ended up taking longer than hoped.

Things added.... oil cooler, new clutch, carbon fiber driveshaft, Teflon and ceramic coated pistons, and a new design for the rings. While the car was there the charge cooler was flow tested....PERFECT....the rods checked... PERFECT....bearings...PERFECT...pretty much everything came back golden. However...There was a fracture in one of the pistons. I guess I must of really been runnin her.:hihihi: The entire motor was broken down. The heads were pulled apart(there was a bent valve in the same cylinder of the cracked piston), the entire system was checked, cleaned, and is being reasembled. Other than that, it was pretty darn clean in there.

The car was delivered in mid Feb. Shadowman has been the nicest guy by giving me up to the minute updates. There was a hold up with the piston company...they were examining the piston to see what excatly happened, and try to determin when. They think it just got to hot in there at some point.

Anyway, these guys have been nothing short of fantastic with there cutomer service to me. Before when I just purchased the car, I had a zillion questions for Shadowman. He answered all and more. That was even before I became a customer. Now that I am, I have nothing but the highest praise for there company. :cheers:

I still want to come to the meet. I could bring my trusty E46 M3. She's pretty, but no beast.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Darn...was looking forward to seeing your beast. It sounds like DA has been amazing. We'll just have to organize another meet in the summer.

Hope to see ya in your e46 :cheers:

·
Registered
6,958 Posts
phillym5 said:
I still want to come to the meet. I could bring my trusty E46 M3. She's pretty, but no beast.
Sorry to hear about the cracked piston. I remember you telling us about the drive shaft thing. What a bummer. Well, we'd love to see you at the meet with the M3.. but be warned, I'm probably not the only one with a lot of questions about your ultimate beast!! :biggrinbounce:

Dave

1 - 3 of 3 Posts