BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
ok so I began driving in P400, EDC comfort, and D2 and I'm getting about 15.5 mpg on average. 100% city driving with a lot of stop and go.

now what can I do to improve mpg?

(yes, I know this car is not about fuel efficiency but sometimes I just want to drive without having to worry about refueling every week)

EDIT: I'm talking about the mpg displayed on the tachometer not idrive. I noticed that idrive sometimes give 29~30 mpg so I don't believe it...

·
Registered
35 Posts
as far as i can tell, thats normal (According to mine which ive had a week!)

I dont think theres anything you can do apart from fitting a honda motor.

·
Registered
983 Posts
15-16 mpg sounds pretty good to me, for 100% CITY driving. I'm still new to the car, so I'm sure I get on it more than I should, but I get around 11mpg consistently.

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
15-16 mpg sounds pretty good to me, for 100% CITY driving. I'm still new to the car, so I'm sure I get on it more than I should, but I get around 11mpg consistently.
I'm at 12.5 with some spirited highway driving and a little city driving. Summer gas blend should bump that by 1 mpg, and driving more normally another 1 mpg so if I could be around 15 I'd be happy. My mileage now is just abysmal.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Your lucky!! My car is stock and I'm pretty sure I'm getting like 10 or 11 mpg in the city :(

·
Registered
917 Posts
You are doing it wrong if you are getting an ounce over 8MPG. I love to bring mine down to 6MPG (it won't go below that). Rev it.

·
Registered
983 Posts

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
ok so I began driving in P400, EDC comfort, and D2 and I'm getting about 15.5 mpg on average. 100% city driving with a lot of stop and go.
That's actually beyond good already. I'm surprised you're even getting that. Like the others, the best I can do is around 11-12 in the city. I've gotten highway up to 20-21 but that's on super long drives at cruising speed almost the whole way.

You are doing it wrong
:haha: Nice! "You're driving it wrong" I guess is our version of the iphone 4 quote?

·
Registered
550 Posts

now what can I do to improve mpg?

(yes, I know this car is not about fuel efficiency but sometimes I just want to drive without having to worry about refueling every week)

EDIT: I'm talking about the mpg displayed on the tachometer not idrive. I noticed that idrive sometimes give 29~30 mpg so I don't believe it...

Trade your car in for a Prius. Now.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Reactions: Boogles1

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
16 gallons @ $4.09/gallon = ~$65 every few days ... and worth every penny! :flag:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
That's actually beyond good already. I'm surprised you're even getting that. Like the others, the best I can do is around 11-12 in the city. I've gotten highway up to 20-21 but that's on super long drives at cruising speed almost the whole way.
I usually let every car on the road pass/overtake me.

I've already had too much fun with the car a few weeks ago getting like 6~8 mpg so I try to keep it reasonable now :byebye:

·
Registered
917 Posts
What I don't understand is.. My commute is 2-3 miles each way.

AND I STILL fill up every week.

in my best most-interesting-man-in-the-world-voice:

"I don't usually go anywhere.. but when I do, i prefer guzzling petrol at 8250 RPM"
I don't know what you pansies are doing to last one week, I am lucky if I can get away with two tanks a week.

I mean, I have to speed past the chevron near our house usually because the car tends to just turn into it on its own if its been over two days.

·
Registered
431 Posts
I have to speed past the chevron near our house usually because the car tends to just turn into it on its own if its been over two days.
I know what you mean. I have to fill 3 times a week, and the car heads to the Mobile station automatically.

·
Registered
166 Posts
LMAO!!! I love these posts!
reading them at work and lol'ng!

oh btw, I average about 12.5-MAYBE 13-- at the very best. but stay at 12 1/2 normally. pump every 2-3 days depending if I am lazy.

lucky the OP that gets 15mpg! wowow!!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts