BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Yes its me again , every one is so helpful on this forum , i have another question .... When i start my 07 M5 and put it in "D" mode on the gearbox why does it always start on the gear change quickness on number 1 (ie slowest change) i tend to drive may be on setting 2 or 3 , can the car be set to start on 2-3 rather than 1 ?

When i select the SMG paddle option it saves my setting of 5 (quickest change) Any ideas guys and girls.cherrsagai

·
Registered
994 Posts
Yes its me again , every one is so helpful on this forum , i have another question .... When i start my 07 M5 and put it in "D" mode on the gearbox why does it always start on the gear change quickness on number 1 (ie slowest change) i tend to drive may be on setting 2 or 3 , can the car be set to start on 2-3 rather than 1 ?

When i select the SMG paddle option it saves my setting of 5 (quickest change) Any ideas guys and girls.cherrsagai
I've never used D mode as it goes against the spirit of the car but in my experience S mode is set at 3 on start up and 5 when I hit my programmed M button. (6 when I want to scare myself)

·
Registered
534 Posts
I've never used D mode as it goes against the spirit of the car but in my experience S mode is set at 3 on start up and 5 when I hit my programmed M button. (6 when I want to scare myself)
+1 :thumbsup:

·
Registered
994 Posts
Can the S mod starts with 5 everytime i start the engine?
I don't believe so. Always S3 but the M button is my best friend and I treat it like a seat belt and put in on as soon I take my seat

·
Registered
29 Posts
The car should always start in N and then move to D3 or S3 depending on how many time you push the shift lever to the right

1 - 7 of 7 Posts