BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There are many threads on the board telling you how to reset the service indicator's on our cars but just would like to here your thoughts.
Example, my car is due a brake fluid change soon and I know the car has never been tracked etc so therefore the fluid is only two years old with no 'excessive' use.
Would you just let the dealer rob you and get it changed or reset it. :dunno:
The thing jumping to mind most here is the service book.

Your thoughts please...

·
Registered
932 Posts
Am i wrong for thinking that all the service indicators listed in iDrive while your maintenance warrenty is in place 50k/4yr is free? So wouldn't the brake fluid be covered?

EDIT: Oh, didn't look at your location and have no idea what your warrenty or miles are at.

·
Registered
80 Posts
There are many threads on the board telling you how to reset the service indicator's on our cars but just would like to here your thoughts.
Example, my car is due a brake fluid change soon and I know the car has never been tracked etc so therefore the fluid is only two years old with no 'excessive' use.
Would you just let the dealer rob you and get it changed or reset it. :dunno:
The thing jumping to mind most here is the service book.

Your thoughts please...
Have the brake fluid changed after 2 years that brake fluid now has a generous amount of water collected in it, that is the reason for the time limit, if you were tracking the car you would have to changer much more often. The golden rule is to change all fluids after two years

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
REMEMBER!!!!

You need to bleed your clutch as well. For the Brake fluid you will need to go to the dealer so he can activate the ABS system with the DIS system. No way around that.

The car has too many computers for you to do this yourself. Now if you are out of warranty and don't have scheduled maintenance then I would suggest an independent dealer. You can find one by joining or looking on BMW GB car club.

Go here:

http://www.bmwcarclubforum.co.uk/

1 - 4 of 4 Posts