BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just took a look through the archives and the only things that i can find that even mention CV joints are those m5 owners that have had their subframes let out and they thought initially while driving the car that it might be the CV joints.

I just found out that im going to need one replaced at some point when the car returns to me but im wondering if anyone else has had this issue? I also find it strange since my car has only been driven about 1000 miles in 13 months and has less than 50K total on the meter.

Anyone?

·
Registered
12,865 Posts
SC'dKellenersM5 said:
Just took a look through the archives and the only things that i can find that even mention CV joints are those m5 owners that have had their subframes let out and they thought initially while driving the car that it might be the CV joints.

I just found out that im going to need one replaced at some point when the car returns to me but im wondering if anyone else has had this issue? I also find it strange since my car has only been driven about 1000 miles in 13 months and has less than 50K total on the meter.

Anyone?
Hmm, CV joint died of boredom of not being used?? :wroom: Sorry, I can't offer more constructive advice. I would think Bill would have an opinion of why. Typically, CV joints last a long time as long as they don't lose their lubricant.
Regards,
Jerry

·
Registered
784 Posts
Everything has remained sealed......no leaks in the boots.

Certainly the miles placed on your gal in the last 12 months have been extremely low.....however she has approximately 45000 miles on her.

I shared that two of us, a BMW Master Tech and myself heard a noise from time to time as you power through a turn typically a left hand turn that is made from a from a standing start...... very faint but it sounds like the proverbial CV joint chatting once in a while.

I do not want to create a concern but rather shared what we find as time goes on.

Take care.

Shadowman

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bill,

I understand and i certainly appreciate the heads up on it..i just wanted to find out if anyone else had experienced the same thing, since it is something that i know i had not hear much of before.

And at no point was i trying to say that any part of the possible problem was due to anything that DA has done. Its just one of those oddities in dealing with automobiles.

·
Registered
784 Posts
SC'dKellenersM5 said:
Bill,

I understand and i certainly appreciate the heads up on it..i just wanted to find out if anyone else had experienced the same thing, since it is something that i know i had not hear much of before.

And at no point was i trying to say that any part of the possible problem was due to anything that DA has done. Its just one of those oddities in dealing with automobiles.

Like yourself I was bringing the thread back up in hopes that someone else could share a similar experience.

I took no offense........ just would like to get another opinion too.

Shadowman

·
10,455 Posts
Hmm, i was noticing a 'click,click,click' noise on my car on right hand turns at the track. Particularly turns 7 and 11 at sears point, both right handers, but i was thinking front wheel bearings. I'll have to take a peak at the cv joints too...
Mike

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Oddly, recently I heeard a similar noise on a slow tight right twice in one day but never since. I have 52k miles.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts