BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got some custom wheels for my 2010 M5 with TPMS. Can someone please tell me how to program the TPMS to work with my M5? I tried resetting it when the warning came on, but it didn't do anything. It just display "Status = Resetting TPMS..." on the monitor. I'm not sure how long I'm suppose to wait for it, but the TPMS warning light is still on. Any help or advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Ken

·
Registered
388 Posts
I am getting some aftermarket wheels fro my (wifes) F10 535i. All ordered shoul be in in a week or two. Same deal - putting in some TPMS sensors (HUF) into new wheels - I am hoping this goes good. I am keeping the OEMs in tacts - not transfering the sensors.

So - no answer from me. Keen to see what other members say.

·
Registered
759 Posts
You must install TPMS sensors (compatible of course) into the new wheels. In the OEM setup, they are integrated into the valve stems. The TPMS system "reads" the air pressure in each tire via these sensors, so without them, the system will report an error. It is looking for the transmitters and not finding them. Only thing I cannot answer is if new sensors need to be coded to the vehicle? Sounds reasonable, I guess.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm pretty sure it's compatible 'cause I was told the same sensors are use on a 750. Maybe they need to be coded..

Thanks

·
Registered
431 Posts
Some times you just have to start rolling a bit. The first time i had to reset mine it stuck at that screen for 20 minutes while i sat in the parking lot of my local tire shop looking like a noob. i eventually got frustrated and just started driving home. almost a minute after i started moving the reset completed. now every time i have had to reset, i park for about 5 minutes then just start driving and the process completes with in a few minutes.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
HAHA! Thanks, I will try waiting longer next time. I think I waited for like a whole minute or so..

·
Registered
388 Posts
D-Boy - a bit off topic - what wheels did you get? Did you need hub rings to get hub "centricity" (is that a word?).

Our cars all (most?) BMWs have a 72.56mm hub. If your wheels are for a different hub u need an adapter (hub rings). I am putting Beyern Spartans on the F10 535i (w/M-Sport pkg). - Beyern's come with the right hub opening - no rings required.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey Am,

They are Maya 3-piece wheels & they are custom made for BMW. So, no rings what-so-ever. As for your other question. You gonna have to ask Wikipedia. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts