BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys,

I wanted to share with you a project that I worked on about a month ago but never had the chance to post it over here, I always felt that the taillights were too much for me and that I wanted to black them out but didn't want to tint them, so I decided to open them and spray the inside of the taillights black, and in my opinion it turned out to be a lot better than stock.

There's not much that needs to be explained for a DIY, all you need is a razor blade to cut the taillights open and some courage to do it, it all took me 8 hours nonstop to disassemble both sides and put everything back together, so here are the photos.
Before

Here we go!

On this one, you basically have to put painter's tape on those lines where the plastic pieces fit in.

This one explains what I mean

Final product

Comparison

I will also post a couple of GoPro photos :cool2:

That one looks like a good ad for RPI haha

Seif.

·
Registered
657 Posts
That looks pretty nice. I'm pretty sure most of us haven't seen this 'customized' mod before.

I wonder how good it'll look on the 08+ Tail lights.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
That looks pretty nice. I'm pretty sure most of us haven't seen this 'customized' mod before.

I wonder how good it'll look on the 08+ Tail lights.
Never noticed a difference in 06-07 and 08-10 Talil lights? what is it

·
Registered
572 Posts

·
Registered
3,244 Posts
...all you need is a razor blade to cut the taillights open and some courage to do it...
A very nice project.
I'm surprised the "lens" can be so easily removed. I wanted to remove the small red rectangular side reflector (US cars only), but it did not seem possible to open the assembly.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
A very nice project.
I'm surprised the "lens" can be so easily removed. I wanted to remove the small red rectangular side reflector (US cars only), but it did not seem possible to open the assembly.
Actually it's not that easy to remove it, if you see in the background of the following picture there is some "leftover" from the red lens so you have to be very careful when cutting the red part from the lens.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Wow what a difference!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts