BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this is useless without an audio clip, going to work on that tomorrow.

However, today I installed the supersprint xpipe without resonators, and made a custom secondary catalytic eliminator pipe.

Sounds _amazing_. Maybe only 10 to 15% louder inside the car, but it sounds high pitched and on the outside it sounds like a ferrari.

One thing interesting, on the passenger side, the flange that connects to the header is not welded from the factory. It actually slipped off, very odd?

Will

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
will,

what you did sounds very much like the cat replacement pipes that eisenhaus currently offers for the E60 M5. I dont know what it cost you but i believe that the pipes from Eisen are some 300+ bucks.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
SC'dKellenersM5 said:
will,

what you did sounds very much like the cat replacement pipes that eisenhaus currently offers for the E60 M5. I dont know what it cost you but i believe that the pipes from Eisen are some 300+ bucks.

I had the xpipe, and my drive of instant gratification got the best of me. I spent $200 to have the xpipe installed and custom pipes made to eliminate the cats.

Where do you see the eisen pipes?

Will

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
SC'dKellenersM5 said:
will,

go to www.eisenhaus.com and then use their sub pages on the left to select things. You will see that once the E60 M5 is chosen there will be a choice of exhausts and then you can select additional pipes (resonator and cat replacement pipes)
Ah yes, forgot about that. (Long night). Thing is I already ordered the supersprint after I saw that.

We did a good job, tig welded everything. Next week I might take it all off and make a full exhaust header back in 3" to get rid of all of the reductions and expansions from going from stock to supersprint.

Thinking about getting some race borla titainium mufflers and making a custom setup in the rear.

Will

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
willg said:
I know this is useless without an audio clip, going to work on that tomorrow.

However, today I installed the supersprint xpipe without resonators, and made a custom secondary catalytic eliminator pipe.

Sounds _amazing_. Maybe only 10 to 15% louder inside the car, but it sounds high pitched and on the outside it sounds like a ferrari.

One thing interesting, on the passenger side, the flange that connects to the header is not welded from the factory. It actually slipped off, very odd?

Will
Sounds like a ferrari? Uuuu....I like itmmmmmm Well, the stock exhaust already sound like a muffled italian exotics:grinyes:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
gasterus said:
Sounds like a ferrari? Uuuu....I like itmmmmmm Well, the stock exhaust already sound like a muffled italian exotics:grinyes:
The only problem is, for the first five minutes while the exhaust warms up it embarrassingly sounds like a honda civic. So you have to just keep it under 2000rpm to not feel like an idiot :)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=A9UEGK2hW5c

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
willg said:
The only problem is, for the first five minutes while the exhaust warms up it embarrassingly sounds like a honda civic. So you have to just keep it under 2000rpm to not feel like an idiot :)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=A9UEGK2hW5c
That clip doesnt sound that bad or that loud actually.....certainly doesnt sound like the Kreisseg in F1 Mode which by far is the best sounding that I have heard as its the most like (duh) an F1 V10. I really havent hear anything else (including this clip) that really sound raw like that of the S62 in the E39 M5.

·
Registered
3,176 Posts
Where there any O2 sensors or any sensors that you needed to reroute or modify?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts