BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
E60 M5 sprint on Vimeo

Created the idea of the exhaust in parts. Today, a custom designed X-pipe by Benchmade Proper here in Maryland was added to the vehicle. Amazing pick up. Amazing sound. My car is a manual. Their work is absolutely amazing & can do pretty much what you want with your exhaust. They have done plenty of work to our Highgrade M6 & R35 GT-R. Orders are being taken, let me know.

E60 M5 custom exhaust high rpm REV| HIGHGRADE.ME|QUITESICK.COM on Vimeo

·
Registered
4,143 Posts
so its just the xpipe that produces the sound? if so i'd like to know how much.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The X-Pipe produces a good amount of sound. I also have my secondary cats +mufflers removed from before visiting my friends at Benchmade.

But keep in mind, you'll get a good sound outcome given the fact the X-Pipe replaces the resonater as seen in the photos. I can get you pricing if you are still interested.

·
Registered
4,143 Posts
The X-Pipe produces a good amount of sound. I also have my secondary cats +mufflers removed from before visiting my friends at Benchmade.

But keep in mind, you'll get a good sound outcome given the fact the X-Pipe replaces the resonater as seen in the photos. I can get you pricing if you are still interested.

Oh ok, yes can you quote be a price for the x-pipe please.

·
Registered
4,143 Posts
can you pm me a price as well.
M5 BJ maybe we can get a deal since they can ship in one place, i am also in the GTA.

·
Registered
6,353 Posts
Are you Imraan? Great work by the way!

·
Registered
7,044 Posts

I believe you might be over estimating the effect of the X Pipe and under estimating the erect of removal of secondary cats and mufflers.

It would be nice if you could post a sound clip without the custom X Pipe.

·
Registered
6,353 Posts
Okay boys guess what?

My car is stock with the exception of the xpipe, section 1 and scoops. I raced a stock M5 tonight and pulled him real good! I highly recommend removing the 2ndary cats for a better sound output and performance.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I believe you might be over estimating the effect of the X Pipe and under estimating the erect of removal of secondary cats and mufflers.

It would be nice if you could post a sound clip without the custom X Pipe.
Nope, not over estimating anything.

There is no way you can hear the true true difference in the decibel/pitch increase with the X-pipe. It is MUCH louder, and keep in mind that it deletes the resonator. That in it self makes quite the difference.

Without the X-pipe aka with the resonator.
The Tunnel @SKYLINE on Vimeo

·
Registered
363 Posts
That sounds, amazing

·
Registered
63 Posts
Nope, not over estimating anything.

There is no way you can hear the true true difference in the decibel/pitch increase with the X-pipe. It is MUCH louder, and keep in mind that it deletes the resonator. That in it self makes quite the difference.

Without the X-pipe aka with the resonator.
The Tunnel @SKYLINE on Vimeo
OK- Let me make sure I got this because I'm thinking about having my muffler guy do some custom work instead of getting ripped of by RPI, etc.
You're link is "with the resonator"? As in "stock" still? So why is it so loud? What did I miss?

1 - 20 of 37 Posts