BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On the way driving home from my mechanics shop, I decided to take a different route. As I was driving, I spotted a lexus and an e55 amg, with lambo doors and exclusive rims, in front of a custom auto body shop. The cars caught my attention so I decided to pull in and take a look at the place. When I got inside, I was reminded of the show "Pimp My Ride" as I saw high end cars being uniquely customized. I spoke to the manager/owner there and asked him if he can convert my interior wooden trim into a carbon fiber finish, which would also include the wooden frame of the shift knob and the e-brake. He told me that they can do the job.

I didn't have the m5 with me so I couldn't get an estimate for the job but I will be at his shop this Monday. Anyone know what I should ask before I follow through with the project? I am not familiar with the process so if you know the type of materials that are needed for a good job or should you know of any questions that I should ask before I give the green light to proceed, it would be really helpful. I would hate to make a mistake with this car.

I want my outcome to be like this: :M5thumbs:
And not like this: ouich

·
Registered
977 Posts
Go to the Sponsor formum, FiberDesign is offering intro pricing on exactly that. $685 for every piece if you have the non-widescreen NAV, and a few bux cheaper if you have widescreen NAV as it doesn't require the NAV trim piece to be done.

They do very high quality work.

Petey Pop said:
On the way driving home from my mechanics shop, I decided to take a different route. As I was driving, I spotted a lexus and an e55 amg, with lambo doors and exclusive rims, in front of a custom auto body shop. The cars caught my attention so I decided to pull in and take a look at the place. When I got inside, I was reminded of the show "Pimp My Ride" as I saw high end cars being uniquely customized. I spoke to the manager/owner there and asked him if he can convert my interior wooden trim into a carbon fiber finish, which would also include the wooden frame of the shift knob and the e-brake. He told me that they can do the job.

I didn't have the m5 with me so I couldn't get an estimate for the job but I will be at his shop this Monday. Anyone know what I should ask before I follow through with the project? I am not familiar with the process so if you know the type of materials that are needed for a good job or should you know of any questions that I should ask before I give the green light to proceed, it would be really helpful. I would hate to make a mistake with this car.

I want my outcome to be like this: :M5thumbs:
And not like this: ouich

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
HDClown said:
Go to the Sponsor formum, FiberDesign is offering intro pricing on exactly that. $685 for every piece if you have the non-widescreen NAV, and a few bux cheaper if you have widescreen NAV as it doesn't require the NAV trim piece to be done.

They do very high quality work.
Thanks HD. I am actually aware of their offering and have posted in that thread. In comparison to what other sites have to offer, it does seem like an awesome price. However, I always like to shop around and practice prudence before I ever set my heart into doing something.

Furthermore, I sent Carlos (fiberdesign) a private message with my e-mail address (as he requested) and a question on September 7th and I have still yet to hear from the guy. Things like this make me hesitant to deal with a company when I can't even communicate with them. I mean, if it takes over 3 days to get a simple response, via the Internet, how can I trust sending them my parts and money across the country?! I like dealing with people that create a stress free environment. I've learned my lesson from past transactions and I am not looking to repeat my mistakes. But we'll see, that option is still available.

If I can get the same job in my neck of the woods, without having to ship my trim over to california, it would be great. I might get the same job done cheaper or it might be even more expensive. Maybe the guy I met would offer me a better price but perhaps his job is crappy? Who knows. Regardless of the matter, I would be more confident of my choice if I have a list of options and have a better idea of what is out there, than by being strictly confined to one source.

·
Registered
109 Posts
As many of you know i have my interior trim done by Fiber Design and I think the results speak for themselves. They are a great are very good company and very reliable.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
^^Don't sweat it. Things happen. If I deal with you and somehow my trim "slips" by, then we got beef lol. Anyway, I got your PM and replied. Thanks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts