BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car's on it's way aboard the Maersk Teal to Charleston, S.C.

LOADED ON VESSELBREMERHAVEN19/09/2005 16:02RECEIVED AT TERMINALBREMERHAVEN18/09/2005 16:01BOOKEDBREMERHAVEN14/09/2005 16:01


To track your car once it's been loaded, go to the following website:

http://www.wlna.com/www/WEP/index.jsp

Click on "track cargo", then "auto cargo", then type in your VIN number.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
331 Posts
Wolverine said:
My car's on it's way aboard the Maersk Teal to Charleston, S.C.

LOADED ON VESSELBREMERHAVEN19/09/2005 16:02RECEIVED AT TERMINALBREMERHAVEN18/09/2005 16:01BOOKEDBREMERHAVEN14/09/2005 16:01
QUOTE]


Ok- my car is on the same boat loaded at the same time... but the destination is NEW YORK- I am assuming that it stops in New York/New Jersey BEFORE Charleston, S.C. ...... Am I right? or does it go to SC first?!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
331 Posts
Ok- here is the ship's schedule:

Ariives in New York on September 30

Arrives in Charleston on October 5


New York's first! :cheers:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
freddydi said:
Wolverine said:
My car's on it's way aboard the Maersk Teal to Charleston, S.C.

LOADED ON VESSELBREMERHAVEN19/09/2005 16:02RECEIVED AT TERMINALBREMERHAVEN18/09/2005 16:01BOOKEDBREMERHAVEN14/09/2005 16:01
QUOTE]


Ok- my car is on the same boat loaded at the same time... but the destination is NEW YORK- I am assuming that it stops in New York/New Jersey BEFORE Charleston, S.C. ...... Am I right? or does it go to SC first?!
The BMWNA guy told me Charleston was the destination, so I looked up the route on the website. Here's what I got:

BREMERHAVENGERMANY09/09/200519/09/2005ZEEBRUGGEBELGIUM20/09/200521/09/2005SOUTHAMPTONUNITED KINGDOM22/09/200522/09/2005NEW YORK, NYU.S.A.30/09/200501/10/2005BALTIMORE, MDU.S.A.03/10/200503/10/2005CHARLESTON,SCU.S.A.05/10/200505/10/2005
So Charleston is the FINAL destination, but it doesn't get there until 5/10. It looks like the boat has stopped in Belgium, and will then stop in the UK before departing to New York. I read the arrival time in NY as 9/30, which is when they'll drop the cars off. This makes a lot more sense to me, since my 545 was delivered to New York.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,356 Posts
Among other things, I'm worried about the Port of Houston going out of commission for a while with Rita coming hard.

Tom
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
331 Posts
martinngan said:
When do you guys expect to be driving the beast if the data is correct?
Is BMW really ahead of schedule?

If it arrives in New York/New Jersey on schedule (Sept. 30)- I would expect to be driving it by October 5th or so. The trip from the port to my dealer is about 20 miles or so. Now, customs is another story. I suppose it is "possible" to be driving by October 1st or 2nd. In either case, its less than 2 weeks away now! :flag:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
martinngan said:
When do you guys expect to be driving the beast if the data is correct?
Is BMW really ahead of schedule?
The last time I tracked my 545 coming from Bremmerhaven, I was driving the car about a week after it arrived in New York.

If the schedule is correct, the cars will be at port in New York on September 30. They will need to pass through customs. From there, they will be transported to the Vehicle processing center in New Jersey. The cars will spend a few days in the VPC going through inspection and preparation. Since the cars are coming in on a Friday, I would guess they will be ready for transport out of the VPC sometime later in the week, say Oct 5-7. Then they'll be trucked to the dealer, which is done in one or two days, depending on the distance. At the dealer, they will need a day to 'prep' the car. So I would say the earliest deliveries could happen October 6 or 7. Probably the latest for this shipment will be October 10 or so.

Of course, they could hold them longer at the VPC if they want a 'coordinated' launch.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
331 Posts
m5floyd said:
were do you put in your VIN number to track...no VIN option on the page..?


FLOYD

CARGO ID is same as VIN?

Yep. Go to the Auto section and type in your VIN as the cargo id#
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
147 Posts
i guess i won't be first delivery this round...........congrads to you folks on the first boat. i bet it has M5's on it that are bound for the M diriving experience in spartansburg!
how do i know what my build week is? is the start week or finish week? my car was completed on 9/15. :wroom:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
max berger said:
i guess i won't be first delivery this round...........congrads to you folks on the first boat. i bet it has M5's on it that are bound for the M diriving experience in spartansburg!
how do i know what my build week is? is the start week or finish week? my car was completed on 9/15. :wroom:
Your dealer can tell you what your build week is. Bummer you just missed the boat.:crying: Hang in there, it should be worth the wait!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,085 Posts
Wolverine said:
My car's on it's way aboard the Maersk Teal to Charleston, S.C.

LOADED ON VESSELBREMERHAVEN19/09/2005 16:02RECEIVED AT TERMINALBREMERHAVEN18/09/2005 16:01BOOKEDBREMERHAVEN14/09/2005 16:01


To track your car once it's been loaded, go to the following website:

http://www.wlna.com/www/WEP/index.jsp

Click on "track cargo", then "auto cargo", then type in your VIN number.
Thanks for the link,just checked my vin# and my car is parked right next to yours ,with Charleston destination. lovelove
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
65 Posts
bernhtp said:
Among other things, I'm worried about the Port of Houston going out of commission for a while with Rita coming hard.

Tom
Tom,

Don't the cars to Houston go to Charleston? What is the status on yours? Mine is complete, on its way to the distribution center.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
absent said:
Thanks for the link,just checked my vin# and my car is parked right next to yours ,with Charleston destination. lovelove
Seems like NJ would make more sense as a place to drop off your car. About the same distance to Chicago, and why carry the extra load all the way to S.C.? Do you know for sure you're going to S.C.?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Just learned the Maersk Teal is now delayed 2 days. Current arrival in N.Y. is delayed from 9/30 to 10/1.


BREMERHAVENGERMANY18/09/200519/09/2005ZEEBRUGGEBELGIUM20/09/200521/09/2005SOUTHAMPTONUNITED KINGDOM22/09/200522/09/2005NEW YORK, NYU.S.A.01/10/200501/10/2005BALTIMORE, MDU.S.A.03/10/200503/10/2005CHARLESTON,SCU.S.A.05/10/200505/10/2005
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
331 Posts
Wolverine said:
Just learned the Maersk Teal is now delayed 2 days. Current arrival in N.Y. is delayed from 9/30 to 10/1.

thats only 1 day. one LONG day though. hah
 
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Top