BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Production week 38 and just arrived at the port of exit (status 93 for Canadian customers)!

There's a ship sailing tomorrow (Sept. 22nd) from Bremerhaven that arrives in Halifax October 4th. It is called the Mignon.

There's a ship sailing from Bremerhaven on September 24th that arrives in Halifax October 9th. It is called the Atlantic Conveyor.

There's a ship sailing from Bremerhaven on September 29th that arrives in Halifax October 11th. It is called the Elektra.

There's a ship sailing from Bremerhaven on October 1st that arrives in Halifax October 16th. It is called the Atlantic Companion.

There's a ship sailing from Bremerhaven on October 6th that arrives in Halifax October 18th. It is called the Topaz Ray.

Hopefully, I'll be on the Mignon or the Atlantic Conveyor.

All this shipping information may be found by going to: http://schedule.2wglobal.com/AppSchedules/countryList.do.

Best regards,

·
Registered
249 Posts
Spiroman said:
Production week 38 and just arrived at the port of exit (status 93 for Canadian customers)!

There's a ship sailing tomorrow (Sept. 22nd) from Bremerhaven that arrives in Halifax October 4th. It is called the Mignon.

There's a ship sailing from Bremerhaven on September 24th that arrives in Halifax October 9th. It is called the Atlantic Conveyor.

There's a ship sailing from Bremerhaven on September 29th that arrives in Halifax October 11th. It is called the Elektra.

There's a ship sailing from Bremerhaven on October 1st that arrives in Halifax October 16th. It is called the Atlantic Companion.

There's a ship sailing from Bremerhaven on October 6th that arrives in Halifax October 18th. It is called the Topaz Ray.

Hopefully, I'll be on the Mignon or the Atlantic Conveyor.

All this shipping information may be found by going to: http://schedule.2wglobal.com/AppSchedules/countryList.do.

Best regards,
Once again, thanks Spiroman for the info :) Lets keep our fingers crossed for Oct. 4th arrival into Halifax

Guys, a friend of mine, who lived in Nova Scotia, told me it takes him approx. 20 hours to drive from Toronto to Halifax, just to give you a rough estimate.

Does anyone know what happens after the car gets to Halifax (i.e. how it gets to Toronto...Truck/Train) Is it in Halifax where all the cars are distributed to the different dealerships??

·
Registered
249 Posts
martinngan said:
Many thanks Spiroman, and I finally got my diecast model. You're right that it'll take a couple days for them to ship the the west coast.
Martinngan, I have ordered the exact same car, except black (alum) interior! Will you be joining us at the first batch E60 GTA meet?? It would be a good way to break in the car :haha: :haha:

Did your model come in white?? Mine came in Silver.

·
Registered
4,412 Posts
BlackBM said:
Does anyone know what happens after the car gets to Halifax (i.e. how it gets to Toronto...Truck/Train) Is it in Halifax where all the cars are distributed to the different dealerships??
I believe BMW uses Rail to move the cars from Halifax to Toronto, at least that was the case with my E39 and it took about a week.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Terk said:
I believe BMW uses Rail to move the cars from Halifax to Toronto, at least that was the case with my E39 and it took about a week.
Thx for the info Terk :)

I went to the shipping co.'s website and entered in my full VIN number under "autocargo". It says "No tracking information is available for the Cargo ID you entered." I just wanted to make sure I was in the right place to enter my VIN, as it says to enter "cargo's id." ... Does anyone have it saying something else??

Also, my dealer JUST informed me that my status on his comp says 55- which was last updater Sept.12...He told me earlier on that it was at the dock already, and that they just did not update the system.. Could this be??

·
Registered
955 Posts
martinngan said:
Many thanks Spiroman, and I finally got my diecast model. You're right that it'll take a couple days for them to ship the the west coast.
I was actually me that suggested that. grrrrrrr

;)

·
Registered
227 Posts
BlackBM said:
Martinngan, I have ordered the exact same car, except black (alum) interior! Will you be joining us at the first batch E60 GTA meet?? It would be a good way to break in the car :haha: :haha:

Did your model come in white?? Mine came in Silver.
I got my diecast model in Silver also. Its silver ext. plus silverstone int. I think that's the closest thing they have to Alpine white and Silverstone. I can't join your first batch meeting, 'cause I am actually in Vancouver. But don't worry I will break my car in as fast as I can. Let me know if you got your car, and we will see who can hit 2000km first. :thumbsup: :hihi:

·
Registered
249 Posts
BlackBM said:
I went to the shipping co.'s website and entered in my full VIN number under "autocargo". It says "No tracking information is available for the Cargo ID you entered." I just wanted to make sure I was in the right place to enter my VIN, as it says to enter "cargo's id." ... Does anyone have it saying something else??

Also, my dealer JUST informed me that my status on his comp says 55- which was last updater Sept.12...He told me earlier on that it was at the dock already, and that they just did not update the system.. Could this be??

·
Registered
703 Posts
Hey guys check again, as per my vin number my car was loaded on the "mignon" vessel as of 22/09/2005 at 14:15, en route to Halifax.

Who else is on the mignon?

according to the Mignon schedule, it will be:

in Halifax Oct 4th

New York Oct 6th
Baltimore, MD Oct 8th
Brunswick, GA Oct 11th
Charleston, SC Oct 12th

·
Registered
249 Posts
desualt said:
Hey guys check again, as per my vin number my car was loaded on the "mignon" vessel as of 22/09/2005 at 14:15, en route to Halifax.

in Halifax Oct 4th

New York Oct 6th
Baltimore, MD Oct 8th
Brunswick, GA Oct 11th
Charleston, SC Oct 12th
Congrats! Im sure you must be very excited! I checked my VIN yesterday night, and there was no record of it on their website... When did you check? I wonder if they only updated their sys today... Also, what build week were you?

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
desualt said:

in Halifax Oct 4th

New York Oct 6th
Baltimore, MD Oct 8th
Brunswick, GA Oct 11th
Charleston, SC Oct 12th
Thanks, Desualt. I'm on the Mignon as well! It's getting closer!

Best regards,

Spiroman

·
Registered
703 Posts
BlackBM said:
Congrats! Im sure you must be very excited! I checked my VIN yesterday night, and there was no record of it on their website... When did you check? I wonder if they only updated their sys today... Also, what build week were you?
getting excited for sure! I checked at 12:00, just before posting.
I was build week 37

·
Registered
249 Posts
desualt said:
getting excited for sure! I checked at 12:00, just before posting.
I was build week 37
Guys, I'm build week 38, but on the shippers website, my VIN wasnt to be found :( :( I called my dealer who checked my status, and it STILL states status 55, since Sept 12th!! Has this happend to anyone else?? The dealer also told me that the other 3 first batch M5's have that same status! WHATS THE grrrrrrr IS GOING ON??

·
Registered
64 Posts
Many thanks to Spiroman!

Thanks to his original post, I've learned that my car is also on the Mignon!

Continuing to hang on to the last threads of my sanity. Waiting, waiting,waiting....ouich

·
Registered
955 Posts
Spiroman said:
For Torontonians whose cars are on the Mignon, our cars should be delivered sometime around October 24th!:cheers:

Best regards,

Spiroman
my car was built a week ahead of you...and somehow it managed to miss Mignon... :mad:

they better put my car onto the Atlantic Conveyer tomorrow. hmmm

·
Registered
249 Posts
tifosi said:
my car was built a week ahead of you...and somehow it managed to miss Mignon... :mad:

they better put my car onto the Atlantic Conveyer tomorrow. hmmm
Tifosi, dont give up hope! I've read somewhere in another thread that it can sometimes take up to 48 hours to have your car registered on the ship..Who knows... Check again tomorrow... At least your car is past status 55...Mine is still in Germany somewhere..and my build week was the same as Spiro's... I dont even have a clue where my M5 is... Good Luck.. and Congrats to everyone whos got their M5's coming home :)

(I will post as soon as I know where mine is)

·
Registered
955 Posts
BlackBM said:
Tifosi, dont give up hope! I've read somewhere in another thread that it can sometimes take up to 48 hours to have your car registered on the ship..Who knows... Check again tomorrow... At least your car is past status 55...Mine is still in Germany somewhere..and my build week was the same as Spiro's... I dont even have a clue where my M5 is... Good Luck.. and Congrats to everyone whos got their M5's coming home :)

(I will post as soon as I know where mine is)
I hope you are right. :thumbsup:

I really hope I will be able to have my car in time for the Aston Martin Vantage launch party on Oct 22nd, so I can show the Aston boys a thing or two about really fast cars :M5launch:

and good luck to you too pal! :byee55amg

1 - 20 of 94 Posts