BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Curious about Exaust Note

i've watched all the videos but i'm still curious about the exaust sound because i know it sounds different in person.

I have a e46 M3 and it has a unique sound, I've heard the f430 in person and on Top Gear he compares the sound of the M5 to the F430.

To those who have it or have heard it in person i just want to know if it is similar to the F430 or does it's own unique sound.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Re: Curious about Exaust Note

///matteo said:
i've watched all the videos but i'm still curious about the exaust sound because i know it sounds different in person.

I have a e46 M3 and it has a unique sound, I've heard the f430 in person and on Top Gear he compares the sound of the M5 to the F430.

To those who have it or have heard it in person i just want to know if it is similar to the F430 or does it's own unique sound.
It has it's own unique sound, wonderful at high revs!

·
Registered
27 Posts

at low revs its not noisy...and you cant hear the sound of the car very well...

but at high revs it sounds purrrrrfect...!

i love its sound when i downshift through the gears...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

that's good to hear.

but i also heard that at idle it sounds like a diesel.

·
Registered
27 Posts

not exactly...

it pisses you off...but when you get some revs...nothing is like it...

i dont care about the sound...

i need performance...and this car has what i need...!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

nice it's making more axious hearing about the M5 from people that already have expericed the power.

·
Registered
27 Posts

im still in the break in period...and i didnt get it to over 5500 rpm...and in p400...it goes like hell...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

at least u have it.

i got to wait another month before it even comes to the dealerships in my country.

·
Registered
27 Posts

i owned an E55...and sold it

the E55 is smoother on bumpy roads...but i never regreted it...the M5 is more fun to drive...

and it feels more exclusive compared to the AMG

·
Registered
110 Posts

In the manual (page 96), I see that for the first 1,250 miles, you should:

* not exceed 5500 rpm or 106 mph
* avoid full throttle and automatic kick-down
* not use Drivelogic driving program 5 and 6
* not use Launch Control

but I don't see any mention of avoiding P500 or P500S. Am I missing something?

-David

·
Registered
43 Posts

I dunno about the M5 but I've driven the F430 and I currently own an E63 M6 but you cant compare anything to the sound the F430 makes, listening to the intake and exhaust in harmony in the F430 is just too good to be true, I find the M6 to be abit too quiet. The note does change above 3,500-4,000 rpm from a rumble to a scream in the M6 but....you have to be really listening.

·
Registered
27 Posts

* not exceed 5500 rpm or 106 mph
* avoid full throttle and automatic kick-down
* not use Drivelogic driving program 5 and 6
* not use Launch Control

but I don't see any mention of avoiding P500 or P500S. Am I missing something?
you cant use them...

p500...and the launch control...

the dealer will activate them after the break in period...

·
Registered
331 Posts

Al_Ain_M5 said:
you cant use them...

p500 is deactivated until after the break-in period by the DEALER? please tell me this isnt true!

anyone know if this is the case in U.S.? if true, it is a bit offensive-

·
Registered
331 Posts

Al_Ain_M5 said:
you cant use them...

p500 is deactivated until after the break-in period by the DEALER? please tell me this isnt true!

anyone know if this is the case in U.S.? if true, it is a bit offensive-

·
Registered
283 Posts
unless your car in NJ is getting a different engine from that of all the other M5's... then break-in periods are the same everywhere. There are lots of posts relating to this subject.

cheers:noSMG:

·
Registered
331 Posts
e60beast said:
unless your car in NJ is getting a different engine from that of all the other M5's... then break-in periods are the same everywhere. There are lots of posts relating to this subject.

cheers:noSMG:

well, the break in period is obviously the same everywhere, thats not my question. My questions is do all dealers deactivate p500 until after the break in period? I was under the impression, perhaps erroneously, that the advice on break in can be followed, or not-- even if it voids a warranty. It should be the owners choice.

I have not read anything about a dealer deactivating p500 during break in. I could have possibly missed that info.. Is it really the case that dealers actually deactivate p500?? :sad3:

·
Registered
283 Posts
freddydi said:
well, the break in period is obviously the same everywhere, thats not my question. My questions is do all dealers deactivate p500 until after the break in period? I was under the impression, perhaps erroneously, that the advice on break in can be followed, or not-- even if it voids a warranty. It should be the owners choice.

I have not read anything about a dealer deactivating p500 during break in. I could have possibly missed that info.. Is it really the case that dealers actually deactivate p500?? :sad3:
thats a good question. I still am not to sure whether its 'bells' and 'whistles' or 'bling-blings' (if you are experienced with the new chimes in the E60...) that go off, or if its actual limiters that are dealer re-activated?
My guess is that its not dealer installed when shipped, but actually point of entry/PDI installed once its shipped from the export docks at BMW... im totally guessing - but I dont think they would not make it dealer controlled in case a dealer misses it and someone goes pedal to the metal with thier new V10 engine and kills it...

:noSMG:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts