BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
As I was coming out of a turn I heard a big "thud" on my rear right wheel, so I immediately pulled over and checked. And sure enough my rear right wheel has a 5 inch gash around the lip grrrrrrr

Does anyone know how much it costs to get the rear wheel buffed out or repaired?

Does anyone know of any reputable shops out in the bay area that can do the job right?

BTW--They are 3 piece DPE wheels.

Thanks,
Mark

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
2MS said:
Does anyone know of any reputable shops out in the bay area that can do the job right?
Wheels America
Union City, CA
(800) 409-9499
Repair or exchange wheels $109/wheel

That's my only contact. I've never been there. I was thinking the same and called them. I gashed my rims the first few weeks I had it. It sucks.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Mark -

This guy is incredible and he's a one-man operation. He travels around to most of the BMW dealers in the Bay Area. I've used him many times at Weatherford. He's a very nice guy as well.

Trevor: 650-290-0800

Tell him Don sent you. Good luck.

·
Registered
262 Posts
sorry to hear Mark.
might as well get those lips repolished too!

-joe

·
Registered
857 Posts
I got one of mine done for $80. He did an okay job. But the color wasn't exactly the same (as I predicted) and now, the paint is chipping off. He says he'll fix it for me though.

·
Super Moderator
10,462 Posts
i've used a shop in walnut creek called rite way wheel. cost about $120 to refurb a painted wheel.

Mike

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks guys for all your help. I will go ahead and research the recommendations that you've all posted. And will give an update once the job is done.

:cheers:
Mark

1 - 10 of 10 Posts