BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
No they were not standard. At least not in the later cars. Traffic master was standard - goes where the front cup holder should be & the rear has just a tray.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No they were not standard. At least not in the later cars. Traffic master was standard - goes where the front cup holder should be & the rear has just a tray.
You sure you mean Euro-spec, not UK-spec? Even though I'm in the UK, my car is a German import.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I think traffic master was a UK (not EU) thing, and was installed at the dealership as a bit of an afterthought bodge (afterall, the Vectra's of the same age had a traffic warning system so BMW couldn't be seen to be behind the times...)

It replaced the front cupholders on UK cars.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think traffic master was a UK (not EU) thing, and was installed at the dealership as a bit of an afterthought bodge (afterall, the Vectra's of the same age had a traffic warning system so BMW couldn't be seen to be behind the times...)

It replaced the front cupholders on UK cars.
So cupholders /were/ standard on Euro cars?

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
Front cupholders were standard but rear ones were not.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
What is traffic master?

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Cool...I just saw the armrest handle on your website and remembered I need a new one.
Yeah, they're pieces of junk.

I tried to set my pricing so that if you order from me it's basically the same price as if you had gone to the dealer down the street and picked it up, only you didn't have to leave your house and it came right to your mailbox. Plus you don't have to pay sales tax.

I also aimed to be a bit lower than BavAuto when you factor in their ridiculous shipping fees.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Yeah mine is peeling and I didn't really ever think of replacing it for I thought it was part of the whole armrest. Payment just sent.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Yeah, they're pieces of junk.

I tried to set my pricing so that if you order from me it's basically the same price as if you had gone to the dealer down the street and picked it up, only you didn't have to leave your house and it came right to your mailbox. Plus you don't have to pay sales tax.

I also aimed to be a bit lower than BavAuto when you factor in their ridiculous shipping fees.
You have a good point. I really don't feel like driving to the dealer and plus it's something I don't need right away. I also hate how if the dealer doesn't have a part in stock you have to prepay which I totally understand but you have to pay in person and not over the phone...pain in the *** most of the time.

Reactions: Ben Carufel

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
You have a good point. I really don't feel like driving to the dealer and plus it's something I don't need right away. I also hate how if the dealer doesn't have a part in stock you have to prepay which I totally understand but you have to pay in person and not over the phone...pain in the *** most of the time.
Yessir. Hopefully your opinions are widespread. I just put up the accessories section last weekend, so I've yet to see how successful it'll be.

I'll put your armrest handle in the mail Saturday morning. I'm going to try an experimental packaging method -- if it arrives damaged, please just let me know and I'll put another one in the mail right away.

If it arrives in good shape I'll know that packaging method will work for other customers who order the handles.

Hope you don't mind being a guinea pig! :)

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
No problem...I'll let you know how it turns out. Thanks again. :cheers:

Yessir. Hopefully your opinions are widespread. I just put up the accessories section last weekend, so I've yet to see how successful it'll be.

I'll put your armrest handle in the mail Saturday morning. I'm going to try an experimental packaging method -- if it arrives damaged, please just let me know and I'll put another one in the mail right away.

If it arrives in good shape I'll know that packaging method will work for other customers who order the handles.

Hope you don't mind being a guinea pig! :)

·
Registered
12,909 Posts
Ben
How about designing a better cupholder (or use better grade plastic on the cupholder) so we don't need to keep replacing it? I know I would pay more than $45 to stop fooling around with this!!!

I bought the TEC and thought it was outrageously expensive, but have loved it, had great replacement service from TEC and would recommend it to anyone, price notwithstanding!
Regards,
Jerry

·
Registered
836 Posts
^ +1
Yeah mine is peeling and I didn't really ever think of replacing it for I thought it was part of the whole armrest. Payment just sent.
Just peel the rest of the crap off of the handle and the thing will look as good as new (matching the rest of the car), better than with the lamination & will never peel again.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I have a 2002 Euro spec M5 for the Middle East, and I have no cup holders in the rear, just the tray.... In other news...The front cup holders suck.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Ben
How about designing a better cupholder (or use better grade plastic on the cupholder) so we don't need to keep replacing it? I know I would pay more than $45 to stop fooling around with this!!!

I bought the TEC and thought it was outrageously expensive, but have loved it, had great replacement service from TEC and would recommend it to anyone, price notwithstanding!
Regards,
Jerry
Jerry,

My solution is to sell the TEC, which eliminates the need to use the factory front cupholder.

I'm also working on a front cupholder delete that will blend right into the interior and eliminate the front cupholders altogether :).

I agree that the TEC is not cheap and it seems like a tough pill to swallow at first, but everyone who's bought one from me just raves about them, as I do with the one in my daily-driven E39 528iT...so there's something to be said for it :).

1 - 20 of 23 Posts