BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
It kinda looks photoshopped.

Even if it is real, I can't understand why someone would go through that much trouble to get a set of cup holders in the center console. You don't buy an M5 for the cup holders anyway.

·
Registered
9,355 Posts
Not photoshopped, and you wouldnt lose control over the 2 buttons

I hardly use the lock toggle, and as for the blinkers, you can just modify the cup holder to have a soft rubber base, so you can just poke at it and engage it.

·
Registered
1,454 Posts

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
Got a TEC,

But really like these for the passenger and rear seat use. Hold just about all sizes and cheap. $1.23 for set of four:biggrinbounce: The lady friend commented the other day how this cheap amazing thing doesn't move outta place especially considering the way I "corner." :M5thumbs:

The dual cup holder in the OP above is $99 at bavauto, I think?

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
check this out, don't now how you get to buttons under it but looks cool to me.:cheers:
I would SO knock over all of my drinks in that position during normal shifting :mad:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hey guys, you may want to hold off with the cup holders for now. A friend (high-end yacht interior finisher) and I are building a custom cup holder for my carbon/caramel MY02 M5. It's going to be a much better version (certainly more practical) than the one pictured. And out of the way of my ape arms, no visible mods to the car, and with an awesome finish to boot. I'm waiting for a couple parts to get here and then it's back to the shop to finish the prototype. Depending on the interest from other members, we'll make 10 to 20 extras and have them available at a ridiculous cost I'm sure. I'm not too familiar with selling things on this board, so as of now I'm not. We'll figure something out after the prototype is done and I have posted photos. Thanks -- Rob

I suppose I should mention that the prototype is being built to match my interior. The black/metal version will be after mine is finished :)

·
Registered
162 Posts
I would really like to see this better mouse trap. Please post ASAP.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I'm certainly interested as well. Maybe even for local pickup.

·
Registered
238 Posts
check this out, don't now how you get to buttons under it but looks cool to me.:cheers:
Anything larger than a small, styrofoam coffee cup would likely be in the way of shifting, it would seem. Ultimates are the only way to go. Having anything that can short out your electronics up there is just asking for trouble! The TEC one makes no sense, in my opinion, for the same reasons - potentially in the way and asking for trouble.

When I bought my 740iL not too long ago, it was obvious, from some residue, that someone had spilled what appeared to be a latte across the center console. Now, I don't know what electrical issues it may have caused at the time, but it certainly had gummed up the ashtray and door lock and emergency flasher buttons. I had to disassemble the center console to clean out everything and make repairs after the frame around emergency flasher button broke because I pushed too hard to turn on the flashers one day. What a mess down there. Cleaned it all up, made some minor repairs, and all looks and works great.

My 2 cents . . .

·
Registered
4,597 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Got a TEC,

But really like these for the passenger and rear seat use. Hold just about all sizes and cheap. $1.23 for set of four:biggrinbounce: The lady friend commented the other day how this cheap amazing thing doesn't move outta place especially considering the way I "corner." :M5thumbs:

I saw this and it cracked me up. I bought the 4 pack of these 2 days before your post, and couldn't find a place to hang them (I didn't want to jam them in the window seal and damage the tint). After seeing your post, I decided to try again and came up with this:

That is customized by adding a zip tie so the drink won't slip out since it's on an angle. If it is a big cup or close to full, I wedge my wallet between the glove and holder to keep it more upright :)

I do have an OEM door mount cup holder on back order...

-D

Attachments

·
Registered
360 Posts
I have TEC too. Their quality is excellent No problems with shifting, but then again I am careful when I have a drink in my car. Most of the other cup holders are ghetto. See example below.

Got a TEC,

1 - 20 of 26 Posts