BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there are a couple of Greenwich, CT, owners who post to this board. I spotted a Le Mans blue M5 with CT plates and Greenwich dealer frame on the GSP today a little after noon. I rode with you for awhile but couldn't resist taking the EZ-Pass route through the first backed-up toll plaza. I hadn't seen a Le Mans in the flesh (so to speak) until now -- very lovely, congrats, whoever you are!

Tom
Anthracite/Caramel

·
Registered
16 Posts
Does the lemans blue look similar to the estoril blue that is available for m3's?
am trying to pick the right blue.

------------------

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No. The Estoril blue (which I saw on an M3 at a recent M5 meet) is much lighter. That's not too say the Le Mans is very dark. It's a medium blue with a subdued brightness to it depending on the light. Real nice color IMHO, and blue is not a color I would ordinarily gravitate towards in a car.

Originally posted by timmer:
Does the lemans blue look similar to the estoril blue that is available for m3's?
am trying to pick the right blue.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
I travel the Parkway everyday, Lemans Blue, but I have NJ License plates. I have seen others on the road, but only Black ones.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry, fais2000, they were definitely CT plates with a Greenwich dealer's thingamajig. Loved the color, though. Congratulations on your choice.

Yeah, I've seen one Royal Red, one Silverstone, one Titanium, three Anthracites (including mine) and half a dozen Carbon Blacks (mostly at the CT meet back in July).

If I had it to do over again, Le Mans would probably be my choice. Anthracite is nice, but a tad too understated. (Not to mention the fact that one of my neighbors got an Anthracite 528 a month or two before I got my M5!)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts