BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone,

Does the group have any comments on how the CSL wheels (currently popular on the M3) will look on the M5 in either the 19 inch or the 20 inch size?

Thanks,
Van

Delivery June 2006

·
Registered
251 Posts
Interesting idea... I'd also love to see someone put M6 wheels on an M5. I bet that would look hot.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hey Van, one of the M5 prototypes had the CSL's on the rear only as it was
going around the Nurburgring. The rims were dirty from testing and were missing
the center caps but at least you can get an idea of the look. I believe you can
find the pics on Autoweeks' archives under M5.:cheers:

·
Registered
829 Posts
masmole said:
Interesting idea... I'd also love to see someone put M6 wheels on an M5. I bet that would look hot.
In the EU you can order an M5 with M6 wheels... don't have the option code with me rightnow but it is possible just look at the online configurator.

@Gustav: That looks nasty. I just wish tinted front windows were legal in the EU.

Attachments

·
Registered
251 Posts
frylord said:
@Gustav: That looks nasty. I just wish tinted front windows were legal in the EU.
did you mean "nasty" as in bad-***/mean-looking or "nasty" as in fugly?

·
Registered
176 Posts
masmole said:
did you mean "nasty" as in bad-***/mean-looking or "nasty" as in fugly?
I think he means more of that car has looks that can kill kind of nasty. Very sinister looking, like the big kid you wanted to pick first for your school yard football game.

·
Registered
374 Posts
The M3 runs the same rear offsets as the 5 series, give or take, for the rear wheels. The fronts are standard 3 series at roughly 38-42mm off set. You would require a 20mm spacer for the fronts to put these on a 5 series but it is possible. When I used to work for a wheel company we did this a few times.
But there is a simpler and better way to do this.
When we used to get standard M3 wheels traded in we used to do the following:
We would wait until we had two sets of standard M3 wheels, we used to pair the front wheels together and then sell them to someone who had a standard 3 series as these would fit. Then we would put the 4 rear wheels on a five series.

Now the only thing to be careful of is to make sure these go on an E60 as they have the same centre bore. If you want to put them on an E39 then you will have to machine them out from 72.6mm to 74.1mm.

So if you can get 4 rear M3 CSL wheels then these will go onto an M5.

Cheers

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
I didn't particularly like the M6 Wheels when I first saw them, however they are growing in my estimations every time I see them. ;)

Look very good on the Black M5 IMO lovelove , and from a common sense point of view, will be a lot easier to clean than the standard M5 Rims.

C.

·
Registered
703 Posts
nice belly Johannes!

·
Registered
829 Posts

Attachments

1 - 18 of 18 Posts