BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know a lot of us buy parts from Crown auto, so this is an FYI. I placed an order with them yesterday and got the usual order confirmation from JD, but this morning I got this:
Sorry we are no longer filling mail orders and are in the process of shutting down the website.
:(

·
Registered
80 Posts
yea, I noticed that late last night w/ my order. ANyone know who I can buy from if not Crown? Tischer, aka getbmwparts.com any good? Would rather buy from someone closer to TX for faster parts delivery

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have purchased stuff from Tischer before, no complaints other than my last order is about 12% higher at Tischer than it was at Crown...

·
Registered
4,896 Posts
i have to pay sales tax on Tischer parts - my only gripe.

Reactions: M55555

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
Tischer is very good. I've purchased many items from them. Also, they are board sponsors. Would not hesitate to purchase from them again.

·
Registered
624 Posts
JD left Crown a long time ago. I believe he's at DDM Tuning now - www.ddmoem.com

Reactions: M55555

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
+1 for Tischer. Great guys to work with!

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
That's interesting, the "order confirmation" email I got yesterday was from jdross, wonder if he knows they are still using his name.
They are more than likely still using his name. He now is employed at DDM OEM where he also distributes OEM parts. I've purchased from there also, and although the prices are usually better, I would not recommend them to non-locals (local SD).

·
Registered
300 Posts
BMW of North Haven CT - bmwpartzdirect.com

PassPort BMW (also in MD) - passportautoparts.com

I've ordered from both - often times same pricing as Tischer. YMMV.

·
Registered
935 Posts
thats interesting. I have ordered from Crown in the past and the website is currently running.

I use Tischer and for the smaller stuff, europartsdirect.com

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
I stopped ordering from Crown once JD "left". What they did to him was completely uncalled for.

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Tischer has been a good source for me, too. I recommend them.

·
Registered
906 Posts
I use Tischer and have never been disappointed. Jason and Evan will go out of their way
to make certain you are satisfied.

Regards,
Alan

1 - 14 of 14 Posts