BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
so much to the disliking of im sure many on the board, i went ahead and made a purchase that ive been wanting to make for a while: a 2008 MB E63 AMG...have only had it for about a week and a half right now, but my early impressions is that this is a VERY fast car, and is a completely different drive than the m6...i havent truly gotten a chance to see what it can do, but i did have my friend drive it and racing from a dig to about 60, the E63 was basically dead even with my m6(which those of you who know me know that it is pretty heavily modded)...its amazing how evident the difference in the low speed torque is between the cars, the MB FEELS much more powerful at the lower speeds...i know that the benz is definitely not as fast as my m6 through the middle gears; how much so i wont know until i actually put them together, but it will happen soon...i just hope this doesnt open up once again the debate that seems to last pages and pages over which is faster between the E63 AMG and the m6...

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Congrats J, I do have a major problem though, mainly that you have not posted pics. I think its a beautiful car, have not had the opportunity to drive one though. Although I will say that I have a slight problem with the fact that you now have two MB's and only one BMW. I say you get an alpina B7 to replace the S 550, which really doesnt do anything for me and then your garage will be amazing.

·
Registered
4,404 Posts
+1.

I think it is a great car to compliment the M6.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Congrats. I am starting to think that the variability in the results of races between M5's and E55 or E63 AMG's is predominately related to the the slight horsepower variation of factory motors. Purely conjecture, but perhaps the MB motors have even greater power variation--just make sure you get one built by Klaus rather then Hans :3:. It appears you got an extra fast one. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
so much to the disliking of im sure many on the board, i went ahead and made a purchase that ive been wanting to make for a while: a 2008 MB E63 AMG...have only had it for about a week and a half right now, but my early impressions is that this is a VERY fast car, and is a completely different drive than the m6...i havent truly gotten a chance to see what it can do, but i did have my friend drive it and racing from a dig to about 60, the E63 was basically dead even with my m6(which those of you who know me know that it is pretty heavily modded)...its amazing how evident the difference in the low speed torque is between the cars, the MB FEELS much more powerful at the lower speeds...i know that the benz is definitely not as fast as my m6 through the middle gears; how much so i wont know until i actually put them together, but it will happen soon...i just hope this doesnt open up once again the debate that seems to last pages and pages over which is faster between the E63 AMG and the m6...
We all know the M6 will kill it in the twisties but the Merc has to be a blast off the line for sure.. Congrats the E63 AMG is a very nice car indeed.

·
Registered
991 Posts
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A102 Safari/419.3)

jbizzy I can't believe you, going out and getting an E! Haha jk but I second ajcut on going for a B7 those are rare compared to the S class and you make up for not getting another BMW. I won't ever go away from BMW, GM, and maybe Porsche one day.

Keep us updated and put some more videos on youtube.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Pics!!!!!

·
Registered
651 Posts
I love the E63 its such a beast looking car. the side gills look hot ! hope you got a short lease, or dont intent on keeping it for too long. new E-class will emerge either late this year or early next year !

·
Registered
195 Posts
Congrats. ..

I have the 6.3 in my truck, and I completely understand...the huge amounts of torque at any rpm range .....are very addictive.

great purchase...to go along with ur M

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
haha yes, now i do indeed have 2 E63's...holmes, thanks for the comments...not sure why u bothered to post the same thing twice, but ok...and i will get some pics as soon as im able to, am on the road now and busy tomorrow but perhaps sunday if the weather is nice...gotta wash them both though...oh and mmmmm6, yeah the lease is relatively short...27 months...cause around that time hopefully ill be in the market for something a bit faster...as far as the B7 vs S550 goes, when i was looking for a second car, i would have gladly taken the b7 over it, however the b7 is not all-wheel drive, and occasionally we face some bad weather here during the winters, so i wanted to make sure that i would have a car that could do more than spin the wheels if there was some snow on the ground lol.

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
haha yes, now i do indeed have 2 E63's...holmes, thanks for the comments...not sure why u bothered to post the same thing twice, but ok...and i will get some pics as soon as im able to, am on the road now and busy tomorrow but perhaps sunday if the weather is nice...gotta wash them both though...oh and mmmmm6, yeah the lease is relatively short...27 months...cause around that time hopefully ill be in the market for something a bit faster...as far as the B7 vs S550 goes, when i was looking for a second car, i would have gladly taken the b7 over it, however the b7 is not all-wheel drive, and occasionally we face some bad weather here during the winters, so i wanted to make sure that i would have a car that could do more than spin the wheels if there was some snow on the ground lol.
Its funny you should say that J. A salesperson at the dealership tried to convince me to get the B7 as a winter daily driver!?:eek:oohhh: I almost laughed her out of the show room. I then quizzically asked her why I would drive a super charged 500 hp sedan around of this quality in the snow.:rolleyes: She of course had no plausible answer. It's a beautiful car though. I think it would fit me better a few years down the line. I'm not quite elderly enough to justify the purchase although I might be convinced to drive around in a Rollie drop head convertible.:haha: Enjoy your Benz.

http://www.rolls-roycemotorcars.com/hi-band/swf/index.html

·
Registered
1,897 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
"I say you get an alpina B7 to replace the S 550, which really doesnt do anything for me and then your garage will be amazing."

I would have to disagree with that guys sorry. First of all, the B7 competes with s63 or s600 and in that category Merc wins in every way. I personally am not a big fan of the new mercs but the S class always was and is the best car in its class. I used to have 05 760 and i know its not as cool as B7 but i drove both b7 and s63 and s class takes the cup<!-- / message --><!-- edit note -->

1 - 20 of 24 Posts