BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After reading the bulletin from another post, I noticed that the braking system description only stated that huge ventilated discs are deployed, with no specific mention of cross drilled discs.

BMW NA did not import the E46 M3 with the drilled discs due to a concern about product liability and litigations. Will they do the same with the E60 M5?

Of course, the drilled discs were available aftermarket from vendors like Turner Motorsports but it's a major pain to have to retrofit an important item, plus the associated expenses, on what are in reality stock items available on the car in the rest of the world!

Anyone with some knowledge about this issue or have an answer?

·
Registered
955 Posts
royk said:
After reading the bulletin from another post, I noticed that the braking system description only stated that huge ventilated discs are deployed, with no specific mention of cross drilled discs.

BMW NA did not import the E46 M3 with the drilled discs due to a concern about product liability and litigations. Will they do the same with the E60 M5?

Of course, the drilled discs were available aftermarket from vendors like Turner Motorsports but it's a major pain to have to retrofit an important item, plus the associated expenses, on what are in reality stock items available on the car in the rest of the world!

i've already seen the US-spec M5. and as far as i can tell, the brake rotors on the car look identical to the Euro-spec M5. so no worries there.
;)

·
Registered
2,723 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
royk said:

When specifically asked at O'Fest last year at the unveiling of the M5 it was confirmed that the brakes were to be the same worldwide. That could have changed, but i doubt it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts