BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im going to be taking my Kiara on a drive from Abilene Texas to Seattle Washington via flagstaff reno and eugene. Starting the trip on the 2nd or 3rd of November and I would love to meet up with someone in one of those areas who has an aftermarket exhaust set up of any kind. I have watched about every youtube video trying to get an idea of the sound but its never the same as hearing it in person. This would help me so much make my decision on what I want!

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
bump? lots of views no replies. I really need to hear some other cars. Forgot to mention I will be in the eugene area from the 4th to the 12th.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
dude you are not going through california. majority of the fellas are up down the west coast. you can always come to DFW this weekend. we have a meet this saturday, 11/1.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
you have a bimmerzone spare? I wouldn't go 50 miles from home without mine...

·
Registered
204 Posts
And make sure it will fit both the front and rear! I made the mistake of taking my stock wheel as a spare once and since it was in the wheel cover I didn't notice it was for a rear until I tried to replace a flat front tire....what should have been a quick fix wound up taking half a night to get home via flatbed from the middle of nowhere.

·
Registered
DinanS2+ e60m5 6MT, s38b38 e28m5 TT/ST3, e30 TT/ST4
6,272 Posts
Im going to be taking my Kiara on a drive from Abilene Texas to Seattle Washington via flagstaff reno and eugene. Starting the trip on the 2nd or 3rd of November and I would love to meet up with someone in one of those areas who has an aftermarket exhaust set up of any kind. I have watched about every youtube video trying to get an idea of the sound but its never the same as hearing it in person. This would help me so much make my decision on what I want!
Save travels! You will love the v10 in the open West. I usually pack extra fuel in a real jerry can -- when I'm roaming the west. Range anxiety blows!

dude you are not going through california. majority of the fellas are up down the west coast. you can always come to DFW this weekend. we have a meet this saturday, 11/1.
Yup...there are a bunch of us, up and down the Coast of CA.

Reactions: MIGHTY5

·
Registered
204 Posts
If you don't have the extra fuel on board you'll have to watch your level and consumption closely when opening it up if you're in between civilizations ....

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
glad to hear that the drive is going/went well.

i drove from Detroit to Los Angeles when i moved out here nearly 3 years ago. it was amazing. esp when i hit Utah and Nevada....amazing sweeping wide open roads....i got the beast up to speed a few times. zero performance issues. i kept some extra oil and continuously hit the petrol stations as they popped up.

share some pics!!!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts