BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 138 Posts

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hopefully it is alright to post the latest video and pictures at the top of this thread, so that no searching is required to get to the good stuff! If that is a problem, Gustav, just merge it with the other thread. Thanks.

Again, this car was built by E-shift Performance out of NJ and tuned by Justin Nenni from Tuning Concepts. It made 585whp at 19psi on pump gas and a safe 762whp at 20psi on e85. A few questions that might pop up from the video, yes, the water temp gauge will work, no as of right now the oil temp will not. I am hoping to come up with a solution to that. The dyno run in the video was 745whp, the 762 run wasn't captured on video. The few pulls in the video were run to about 5000-5500rpm because of traction issues. I will provide plenty more videos when I receive the car and can also provide pictures of specific details if anyone has interest. This video has really wet my appetite and I am bouncing off the walls waiting to get this car back. :1:

YouTube - E-Shift Performance: CROSS BREED 700+whp 2jz M5

Attachments

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
Very cool. Very jealous. I've always loved the supra powerplant.

Right now I just can't get past that it sounds.....wrong, like they put a different audio track over an M5 Dyno pull.

Nothing bad about it, just haven't figured out how to get my brain to accept it yet.

Much appreciation for your updates and pics and videos.

Thanks!

Reactions: 930chas

·
Registered
5,958 Posts
Looking good, Charlie. Love the piano finished roof. Can't wait to see it.

And they didn't just stuff it in there. That qualifies as eye candy. :M5thumbs:

·
Registered
4,896 Posts
that engine really fits nicely, better than the M54, I would say.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Charlie,
We were planning on having the video up earlier but Fraz had to run to Florida to drop off a customers car, so I ran down yesterday to shoot more stuff.:biggrin: Hope you liked it.

Let me say your really in for it, the car just MOVES. Being how cold the weather is, 1st and 2nd don't exactly have decent traction. :eek:h:hiha Once it does hook your immediately sucked into the seat. Nice that you kept the exterior pretty stock looking too.:M5thumbs:

--RS

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Charlie - the car looks great! I think the performance numbers are really good as well. I can't wait to read your impressions from driving it.

Thanks for sharing the story with us.

·
Registered
2,586 Posts
This car is insane! For whatever reason, it reminds me of those Alien movies or the District 9 movie where they're mixing and cross breeding alien and human DNA to get an even bigger, badder beast...except here, it looks like you're succeeding!

·
Registered
12,965 Posts
Charlie writes:

can also provide pictures of specific details if anyone has interest
762 rwhp and you are wondering if a bunch of car junkies has any interest??:blink:
Yeah, bring it on!!:cheers:
Regards,
Jerry

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
Awesome! Sounds really nice.

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
762 rwhp and you are wondering if a bunch of car junkies has any interest??:blink:
Regards,
Jerry
Well done, Charlie. Need more details, now ;)

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
Wow, very impressive job! I'm happy that this is being well received rather than being subject to typical "Heresy!" type replies. I would debadge the car though as the S62 is so much of what makes an e39M5 an e39M5

Was front end weight increased or decreased?

·
Registered
4,896 Posts
Wow, very impressive job! I'm happy that this is being well received rather than being subject to typical "Heresy!" type replies. I would debadge the car though as the S62 is so much of what makes an e39M5 an e39M5

the "build" thread goes over the weight. and those first to sentences. Lol - contradict yourself much?

what about the M5s cluster? Interior? Seats? Wheels? Brakes? Diff? Bumpers? those all make the m5, the VIN still says it's an M5.

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
Pfft. That would involve me having to actually read something. :)

Still, I would debadge. Not my car though, just my opinion.

·
Registered
254 Posts
So dope. Do want.

·
Registered
272 Posts
So first of all congrats........looks assume.......
Please tell an old dog trying to learn new tricks what they do to a "2jz" motor that is so different from all the other
high horsepower motors, and still live at those boost numbers-hp outputs ect.

Is there any thing hugely different about the bottom end, con rods, block material.....what is it that keeps these things able to live
(and all the Supra boys say reliably, even though they always seem to be working on their cars....hehehe) at mega HP.

Thanks and again congratulations.

Randy

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
Your car is unbelievable. I absolutely love it.
This type of thing could very well get me back into an M5... your style build or a small block chevy motor.

Great job!!

·
Registered
4,896 Posts
Please tell an old dog trying to learn new tricks what they do to a "2jz" motor that is so different from all the other

Is there any thing hugely different about the bottom end, con rods, block material.....what is it that keeps these things able to live
(and all the Supra boys say reliably, even though they always seem to be working on their cars....hehehe) at mega HP.

You'd have to ask Toyota and Yamaha. It's one of those rare motors that in "stock" form can make upwards of 800hp with relatively few mods, and can be done on the stock bottom end.

a simple set of cams, a big turbo, and tuning and these motors make a ton of power.

I believe the con rods, and crankshaft are forged. the block is well designed nodular iron (iirc)

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Very cool. Very jealous. I've always loved the supra powerplant.

Right now I just can't get past that it sounds.....wrong, like they put a different audio track over an M5 Dyno pull.

Nothing bad about it, just haven't figured out how to get my brain to accept it yet.

Much appreciation for your updates and pics and videos.

Thanks!
Thanks! I have to admit I love the sound, but it does seem a little odd coming from that car. :hihi:

Looking good, Charlie. Love the piano finished roof. Can't wait to see it.

And they didn't just stuff it in there. That qualifies as eye candy. :M5thumbs:
Thank you, Adam!

that engine really fits nicely, better than the M54, I would say.
Thanks. I appreciate all the knowledge you have dropped in this thread and the other!

Hi Charlie,
We were planning on having the video up earlier but Fraz had to run to Florida to drop off a customers car, so I ran down yesterday to shoot more stuff.:biggrin: Hope you liked it.

Let me say your really in for it, the car just MOVES. Being how cold the weather is, 1st and 2nd don't exactly have decent traction. :eek:h:hiha Once it does hook your immediately sucked into the seat. Nice that you kept the exterior pretty stock looking too.:M5thumbs:

--RS
Hell yes, I like it! Thanks for busting your hump in the cold!

Charlie - the car looks great! I think the performance numbers are really good as well. I can't wait to read your impressions from driving it.

Thanks for sharing the story with us.
Thank you. I can't wait to read my impressions from driving it as well! :haha:

This car is insane! For whatever reason, it reminds me of those Alien movies or the District 9 movie where they're mixing and cross breeding alien and human DNA to get an even bigger, badder beast...except here, it looks like you're succeeding!
Haha. Thanks.

Charlie writes:

Regards,
Jerry
Haha, Jerry ask away. :M5thumbs:

Awesome! Sounds really nice.
Thank you!

Well done, Charlie. Need more details, now ;)
Ask away. You can shoot me a PM or email me at [email protected].

Thanks. I am also impressed with how well the car has been received. Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.:15: Also, sorry, not going to debadge it. :D

Thanks and again congratulations.

Randy
Randy, thanks. I was going to say let's wait for mattmartindrift to jump on here to answer you, but he already took care of it!

Your car is unbelievable. I absolutely love it.
This type of thing could very well get me back into an M5... your style build or a small block chevy motor.

Great job!!
That means a lot coming from the man with the sickest Camaro on the planet and the previous owner of one of the DA twins! Thank you!

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
Amazing build! I'd love to see a vid ast the track to see how the weight and power perform.

Might want to get a better or secondary blow off valve since I hear quite a bit of turbo flutter. Will save your turbo.

1 - 20 of 138 Posts