BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
977 Posts
kosmo said:
With the warranty still valid should the dealer charge for looking/servicing this common problem? thanks
Under full maintenance and warranty, the dealer should charge for NOTHING. Once the maintenace is expired, they can charge for those items.

Creaky door seals are not a maintenace item IMO, so it should be covered under the warranty. The fix used to be to apply gummiphledge, but since they no longer make/sell this, I'm not sure what they use these days. Replacing them is also an option, but that's extremely rare.

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
I think this is one of these chronic E39 issues (all 5-series)... You will read this complaint time and time again on any bimmer board...

Unfortunately, the only thing that has been found to work 100% of the time is to ride with your windows slightly down... Not the fix anyone wants to hear, but from other posts I have seen (and my own experience), even the non-silicon (or silicon) application doesn't solve it. I've replaced half of the rubber trim (and consistently apply various recommended treaters) and that helped some, but i think it is simply a matter of time before it comes back again in full force.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.