BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, has anyone come across this issue (maybe an general E39 issue) but I appear to have creaky rear doors on my 2001 M5, not when opening actually when closed, but only when I go over a bump or very uneven roads.

Has anyone else come across this? If so is there a fix? (or should I put it into my local dealer), its currently very distracting and spoiling an otherwise awesome experience!!

Thanks

Martin:M5launch:

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
A VERY common problem - do a search on fixes but from what I've read, the creaks come back.

I've had the seals replaced - didn't work.

The only REAL fix and it's not a fix at all but is to just "touch" the auto window button just enough to alleviate the creak but also to prevent wind noise.

FYI, if you DO this cheap-*** "fix", remember it when washing the car.

·
Registered
754 Posts
There are a few threads on this Board addressing the problem.
If my memory serves me right, one solution is to lubricate the door gaskets.
I'm sure a search of this Board will answer your question.

martineves said:
Hi all, has anyone come across this issue (maybe an general E39 issue) but I appear to have creaky rear doors on my 2001 M5, not when opening actually when closed, but only when I go over a bump or very uneven roads.

Has anyone else come across this? If so is there a fix? (or should I put it into my local dealer), its currently very distracting and spoiling an otherwise awesome experience!!

Thanks

Martin:M5launch:

·
Registered
241 Posts
when i started hearing this i though it was the rubber door seal.. but since i've felt more likely its the plastic 'm5' runner that sits on the frame just below the door's rubber gasket. If you press on the plastic piece you will hear similar creaks. I've thought at times the noise is worse after a wash..

·
Registered
204 Posts
On my car, and perhaps others, it is the door panel that is creaking. The fix is to place thin plastic washers, supplied by BMW, on the door panel mounting stud/fasteners, thus holding the door panel slightly away from the door. This fix came up on the 7 series board, my son found it, he has a 7. Someone with a warranty might get this done by the dealer.

I have not done mine yet. I guess I don't hear it any more. . .
TL

·
Registered
935 Posts
I have the same problem and on recommendation of another member my problem was solved using:

In the US it is called "Rubber Cleaner".
(This is not a representative name, it is more like vaseline with additives.)
BMW Part number 82 14 9 407 015.

·
Registered
251 Posts
The problem can also be in the lock. Spray the lock in the door with a lubricant.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts