BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally decided that my thinking re cars is crazy. Then decided that I am not alone, many here share this crazy.

I read every magizine trying to find a "better" car to get. I'll prolly get a 911 cab for those few pretty days here that aren't too hot, because I want to own one just like I want to own that beautiful painting, or that blonde I saw, or... For me to get this car I'll have to sell my wife on a mod to the garage that will look a little ugly from the front of the house, not an easy sell, but I'll try.

We won't find "better" cars than our M6. The car is magnificent. What we will find is cars slightly quicker because they're lighter, slightly more plush but heavier, whatever. There are many compromises in autos, what we gain by changing will also cost something somewhere, some things it won't do as well as the M6.

Just thought you would like to know that a psychologist has decided that we're all a little crazy. My wife, and probably yours, certainly agree with the diagnosis.

Carry on.

·
Registered
2,899 Posts
lol...great post. There are no cars I would rather have within $100k of this car...it really is as close to perfection as humanly possible. I have been without it since Thursday and I really really really really really really really miss it!!! Not that I lost appreciation of it when I had her but wihout my baby life sux!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
229 Posts
Finally decided that my thinking re cars is crazy. Then decided that I am not alone, many here share this crazy.

I read every magizine trying to find a "better" car to get. I'll prolly get a 911 cab for those few pretty days here that aren't too hot, because I want to own one just like I want to own that beautiful painting, or that blonde I saw, or... For me to get this car I'll have to sell my wife on a mod to the garage that will look a little ugly from the front of the house, not an easy sell, but I'll try.

We won't find "better" cars than our M6. The car is magnificent. What we will find is cars slightly quicker because they're lighter, slightly more plush but heavier, whatever. There are many compromises in autos, what we gain by changing will also cost something somewhere, some things it won't do as well as the M6.

Just thought you would like to know that a psychologist has decided that we're all a little crazy. My wife, and probably yours, certainly agree with the diagnosis.

Carry on.
My wife actually MADE me get the M6 conv! It's the only 4 seater convertible at this performance level that looks hot and is in this price range.

·
Registered
6 Posts
The M6 blows the Carrera out of the water. I wouldn't even bother!

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The M6 blows the Carrera out of the water. I wouldn't even bother!
Of course, but I sometimes would like to drive a cab yet don't want one for everyday use. Hate the noise etc on a jammed Interstate which I often drive. And I have never owned a Pcar. The 911 would look pretty in the garage and be available for an occasional drive with the top down.

BTW when I had my TR-3A I once put the top down in Aug and didn't put it up again until Feb, and it was my ONLY driver. But that was over 45 years and and there were no interstates and much less traffic. Had a garage and a tonneau cover. Got wet sometimes. Didn't care.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
I would love for you to diagnose my DSM IV "car illness" and the severity of my disease...

Mod begins: I bought an M3 in 2005...modded like crazy and the addiction began...
12/07: bought a Range Rover to commute (bad decision)
2/08: picked up the M6!!!! (M3 now a garage queen and for sale)
5/08: just picked up a Lotus Elise

I have a serious car addiction...I'm trying to suppress getting a DB9 which I would love....

Point being out of all the cars (like girls) that give you thrills...i still love driving the M6 the most - power and elegance!

·
Registered
4,918 Posts
Of course, but I sometimes would like to drive a cab yet don't want one for everyday use. Hate the noise etc on a jammed Interstate which I often drive. And I have never owned a Pcar. The 911 would look pretty in the garage and be available for an occasional drive with the top down.

BTW when I had my TR-3A I once put the top down in Aug and didn't put it up again until Feb, and it was my ONLY driver. But that was over 45 years and and there were no interstates and much less traffic. Had a garage and a tonneau cover. Got wet sometimes. Didn't care.

You need some tough love. The 911 is an old platform. With the exception of the 911 GT3, there is nothing redeeming about the ancient car.

The convertible 911s are the worst ones...looks out of proportion.

Plus the M6 is a very safe and MODERN car. The 911s belong in the 1970's and 1980's it has no place in the new century.

It is shameful that Porsche continues to milk its current customers with a design from the 1970s.

Stick with the M6.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I would love for you to diagnose my DSM IV "car illness" and the severity of my disease...

Mod begins: I bought an M3 in 2005...modded like crazy and the addiction began...
12/07: bought a Range Rover to commute (bad decision)
2/08: picked up the M6!!!! (M3 now a garage queen and for sale)
5/08: just picked up a Lotus Elise

I have a serious car addiction...I'm trying to suppress getting a DB9 which I would love....

Point being out of all the cars (like girls) that give you thrills...i still love driving the M6 the most - power and elegance!

Addiction is evident. However it's not pathological if you can afford it. If you make $35k/yr you have a serious problem.

Severity is about average for this board.

I need an open tossable toy, if I could get comfortable in an Elise I'd have one too.

Reactions: plastique999
1 - 8 of 8 Posts