BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will start this off by saying I am way out of my comfort zone bringing this up.

Would it be possible, with a MKIV nav system, 16:9 Screen, 6 disc changer, Intravee II, Ipod adapter to still have the ability to connect a BMW Business Single CD?

I have no idea what the output jacks are on the back of the business cd, but I was wondering if it was possible to connect it.

THEN - if it is possible, can I mount it in the glovebox? Possibly remove the cupholders and tray and mount it there? I dont know the dimensions, but this non CD thing is driving me nuts on principle.

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
I don't think it would be possible, the Business CD would appear on the iBus and 'confuse' the rest of the system. What are you trying to achieve?

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
Just buy a bunch of cassettes and tape all of your CDs and you're set.cherrsagai

·
Registered
6,517 Posts
No - there would be no way to select it as a source.

The closest you can come is to modify your existing screen unit by removing the tape deck and wiring a 1/2 DIN cd player in it's place. You'd lose steering wheel controls of it, have to select it as "Tape", and have to open the dash to hit the controls, but you'd have a CD in your dash.

The other option would be to search for the single CD head unit option. I'm pretty sure it doesn't work (the reason escapes me at the moment - could be clearance, size, MOST vs IBus), but search should tell you...

d-

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
BMW never made a CD version of the Nav unit for the E39, only the E46. Even the old X5 (E53) didn't get one, don't know why. You may be able to bodge together the CD part of an E46 Nav and the casing of the E39 Nav, but I don't think it would be worth the effort.

·
Registered
362 Posts
CD's??? What are those? J/k, but seriously if you have an Ipod why do you want to use cd's (besides the SLIGHTLY better quality?).

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
why not put a portable cd or dvd player in the glove box and connect it to the Aux input. granted you have an 09.2002build date or newer????

·
Registered
2,203 Posts
redundent (deleted post)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts