BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
This happenned here in Vancouver, Canada. The driver is the owner of the first Carrera GT delivered here in Vancouver. I was at a stoplight not too long ago and rolled down my window to have a chat with him and he was rather unpleasant ignoring my questions even after rolling down his window to have a chat with me.

The street corner where this incident appeared has some unsettling railroad tracks about 100 feet from the street lights and from other pictures I've seen of this incident, the tire marks were almost at a 60 degree angle so I doubt he was pushed out of his lane. I guess that he had the PSM off and either braked hard over the RR tracks for the lights and slid or that he got on the go pedal too hard right over those RR tracks and it unsettled the car and slid over the concrete median.

I had an encounter with the owner of the second Porsche CGT delivered in Vancouver and he was much nicer. He had me sit in his car and even rev it up a little. Needless to say, I was jaw dropped and I had a smile carved into my face for the rest of the night. This guy who's identity I will not reveal surprised me by his openess...now that's a car enthusiast!

·
Registered
714 Posts
VanCooper said:
This happenned here in Vancouver, Canada. The driver is the owner of the first Carrera GT delivered here in Vancouver. I was at a stoplight not too long ago and rolled down my window to have a chat with him and he was rather unpleasant ignoring my questions even after rolling down his window to have a chat with me.

The street corner where this incident appeared has some unsettling railroad tracks about 100 feet from the street lights and from other pictures I've seen of this incident, the tire marks were almost at a 60 degree angle so I doubt he was pushed out of his lane. I guess that he had the PSM off and either braked hard over the RR tracks for the lights and slid or that he got on the go pedal too hard right over those RR tracks and it unsettled the car and slid over the concrete median.

I had an encounter with the owner of the second Porsche CGT delivered in Vancouver and he was much nicer. He had me sit in his car and even rev it up a little. Needless to say, I was jaw dropped and I had a smile carved into my face for the rest of the night. This guy who's identity I will not reveal surprised me by his openess...now that's a car enthusiast!
hmmm what is so secretive about the guy's identity?
there are 2 carrera gt's in vancouver at the time and we all know who they are.

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
A third one was sold recently. They had it listed in their inventory up until recently when it was taken off their stock listing. It was Basalt black with a grey interior.

M!: As for the identity of the 2 Carrera GT owners that you seem to know the names, if you want to reveal the names go ahead but I made the choice to respect their privacy.

·
Registered
714 Posts
VanCooper said:
A third one was sold recently. They had it listed in their inventory up until recently when it was taken off their stock listing. It was Basalt black with a grey interior.

M!: As for the identity of the 2 Carrera GT owners that you seem to know the names, if you want to reveal the names go ahead but I made the choice to respect their privacy.
i think most ppl in vancouver know how owns a cgt by now.....

funny how you dont show much respect to their privacy towards one of the owners in ferrarichat.

F-chat 11-26-2004:
VanCooper said:
Saw DH in his Carrera GT tonight at around 11pm on Robson. Sweet sound but the owner was rather arrogant when I had a small chat with him at a street corner...and I was driving the E55 tonight. Impressed by the car, not by the owner.

P.S. This means I've been able to spot both Carrera GT's delivered by MCL so far.
i think if you get around a little more, it is not a secret or has anything about privacy, esp owning a carrera gt.

fyi both owners are quite high profile and its been in the papers.

the other owner who you respect his privacy has been discussed online before in addition to the f chat bs.
http://www.vwdov.ca/forum/showthread.php?threadid=59164

:byebye:

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
Hey M!: is saying "DH" revealing the exact identity of the owner, no not to my knowledge. It could be initials for ALOT of names! My way of respecting their privacy is by not by revealing their full name. The full name of the first CGT owner in Vancouver had already been long revealed by OTHER people on Fchat but nobody knew the name of the second CGT owner by the time I happenned upon him which was the day he got his CGT.

Sorry but in this highly impersonal world, I make my effort to keep people's privacy. Unfortunately, some people have too big of a mouth ouich

P.S. Why do most of us (including you and me) have messageboard handle that do not relate to our full name in any way? privacy :rolleyes:

·
Registered
714 Posts
VanCooper said:
Hey M!: is saying "DH" revealing the exact identity of the owner, no not to my knowledge. It could be initials for ALOT of names! My way of respecting their privacy is by not by revealing their full name. The full name of the first CGT owner in Vancouver had already been long revealed by OTHER people on Fchat but nobody knew the name of the second CGT owner by the time I happenned upon him which was the day he got his CGT.

Sorry but in this highly impersonal world, I make my effort to keep people's privacy. Unfortunately, some people have too big of a mouth ouich

P.S. Why do most of us (including you and me) have messageboard handle that do not relate to our full name in any way? privacy :rolleyes:
LOL. privacy is the not about identity of the owners. i think that is not a "secret" so much to you. if you get around a little more in vancouver i think you would know who the owners are.
sorry but a lot of people knows who the second owner was long before your post or the day of the delivery. it was too obvious to post "Oh, i know who the second owner is, but i can't tell you" kind of bs.
probably just you but many in vancouver knows already? haha.

:7:

similarly, if you drive a farty loud MC around town people know who you are. no privacy there. tuning your cabrio up sometime soon, btw? :M5launch:

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
The farty loud MC isn't mine anymore, it was sold a year ago. The cabrio isn't the type of car to be modded. I enjoy it as it is. The red MCS is definitly the one that will get modded along the years.

About privacy: I just do it for the sake of the owner, known or not. If somebody absolutly want to know the name of an highly exclusive car owner, they can do their own search but they won't get their answers out of me. Sorry but that's just me :p

1 - 10 of 10 Posts