BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, my car is a 2002 m5. I scanned the car with pa soft bmw scanner 1.4 and I am getting a "crankshaft sensor signal" error in the shadow error. I clear the code and surely it's back after the next scan. I DO NOT have a check engine light coming on and the car runs great. I do notice a slight hiccup on idle when I first turn the car on in the mornings but goes away after 30-40 seconds or so. Is this because I have a bad crankshaft sensor? Any help Would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Attachments

·
Registered
3,827 Posts
Every time I check codes with PASoft I see this code, and I know a couple of other people do, too. I wouldn't spend any effort on it...

Should fix the ebox fan though, if it hasn't been already.

·
Registered
4,488 Posts
^
That code 10 is an idiosyncrasy with PASoft. No action required.

And you might also want to check your auxiliary electric fan is working though it's just a shadow code. It's quite common for that fan to go bad.

·
Banned
3,793 Posts
^

And you might also want to check your auxiliary electric fan is working though it's just a shadow code. It's quite common for that fan to go bad.
I have same codes including fan. I bought new one and i still get the error where both fans are working. :/

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
^

I have same codes including fan. I bought new one and i still get the error where both fans are working. :/
Did you try clearing the code after new fan was installed?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts