BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

81 - 99 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
909 Posts
yes I really like the individual throttle bodys, they are even CNC ported. So much more airflow possible than a conventional throttle body and intake manifold. Even with what you had to do to have the crank remachined, isn't that big of a deal in the grand scheme of things. If I can get a billet stroker crank for under 2.5k I think I would go through and do that.

What mains are you going to be running? I think King seems to be a decent option with larger clearances.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #82
King mains, just standard size but I think bmw mains are fine. Mine had minimal wear just seems dumb to tear it apart this far without changing them.

·
Registered
716 Posts
I would suggest a 6MT swap while you got it all torn apart.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #87
Not just any carb....a pro systems venom vx😊
And not just any mechanical fuel pump...a Holley billet hp series high volume fuelpump😊

·
Registered
251 Posts
In general the gearbox never fails, it's every single thing attached to it that has issues, mainly the hydraulics and some of the wiring.
That what I hope for the car I just bought (1st and R not engaging), when I removed the hydraulic block found that it was installed on inverted 1st and R shift rod so it is stuck and not shifthing, and hoping it is not a transmission mechanical internal damage. I still didn't confirm the troubleshooting as I still didn't reinstall the transmission and test. I am ready to reinstall, just waiting to install a car lift in my home garage.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #91
You know if it wasn’t for the support people like myself have often from forums like these I don’t know that I’d be able to revive my beast so I just want to say how cool it is that the bmw community and specifically the e60 m5 community is so patient and helpful. These cars are a rare masterpiece!

·
Registered
43 Posts
That what I hope for the car I just bought (1st and R not engaging), when I removed the hydraulic block found that it was installed on inverted 1st and R shift rod so it is stuck and not shifthing, and hoping it is not a transmission mechanical internal damage. I still didn't confirm the troubleshooting as I still didn't reinstall the transmission and test. I am ready to reinstall, just waiting to install a car lift in my home garage.
Having a car lift and a PC with ISTA is almost mandatory for owning this car!!
Now you’ll be able to do everything slowly and you can leave on the lift while waiting for parts 😁

·
Registered
43 Posts
You know if it wasn’t for the support people like myself have often from forums like these I don’t know that I’d be able to revive my beast so I just want to say how cool it is that the bmw community and specifically the e60 m5 community is so patient and helpful. These cars are a rare masterpiece!
With a car like this that’s the way to go, otherwise would be even harder to own them!

81 - 99 of 99 Posts