BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
I have searched the forum and can't find anything like the issue I'm having. I'm at wits end. My Car (2000 royal red, bought off this forum back in March or so) has developed a strange problem: When it's cold it will start fine, but as it warms it develops a crank no start, or a crank and then a stumble.
Myself and the previous owner have done all the usual suspects:
New fuel pump
New fuel pump relay
New Crank sensor
New Cam sensors (all 4)
New fuel filter

I'm out of ideas at this point.

Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Any codes? Without that info I’d say next suspects would be fuel tank breather valve or faulty (or possibly loose) oil fill cap? You definitely got everything else I’d think of.

·
Registered
185 Posts
What about the fuel pressure regulator? But yes check for codes and report back.

Sent from Germany with Love.

·
Registered
9,986 Posts
Just a check, but it is as US car not a imported Euro car they have different evap systems. Normally this is caused on a US car by a leaky fuel system either an injector leaking or the fuel pump one way valve leaking back to the tank. You will see neither. The simple first test is to jump the fuel pump via the relay. The fuel pump does not run when you turn the key to position 2 if it is hot, because the system should hold pressure, but cold it always runs for a few seconds to pressure up the system so it can start.
Use this thread to learn how to jump the fuel pump relay and jump the pump to on then jump in and see if it starts up.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts