BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Changed New battery! All lights on, battery shows 12.2V, starter crank motor powerfull. Seems like getting no Petrol.. Anyone?

·
Registered
36 Posts
This could be far from your actual issue, but in my e64 m6 the same thing happened to me. The car would crank but it would never turn over. The dealer said some module was not able to validate my key and as a result cut the fuel. To fix the issue they reset the ecu (something along these lines...).

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
on a modern complex car like this it is surely something electrical, and therefore a dealer diagnostic job.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Inmovilizador

Thank you was correct, the computer at the local Indy says error inmovilizador (Spanish) go:noSMG: to BMW tomorrow.

·
Registered
3,782 Posts

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Try resetting the immobilizer by unlocking and locking 5 times through the keyfob.

That or unplug negative terminal on battery for 10 mins to reset ECU.

·
Registered
369 Posts
This happened to me in my 07 e63 M6 and it turned out that the CAS module was not synced with the DWA alarm module so I synced them and the car started so I think it's either that or a fuel pump issue, whether electrical or mechanical, can be as simple as a relay as mentioned above.

Seif

1 - 7 of 7 Posts