BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I figured I'd post this up for anyone who may be interested in a parts car or a project:

2006 BMW M5 V10

The guys asking 13,500 for a non-running 06, and he is stating its computer problems... I dont see an exhaust on the car either.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
I do not trust a guy that can't do simple math;

To sum up his claim; it takes only $2500 to fix and then could be worth $30,000?

I think he can keep it and fix it himself, once I see it for sale running an accurate value can be determined.

Basically the Guy must have picked this up at an auction and is ready to flip at a little above his cost since he has no idea what it is going to take to get it roadworthy.

I would not have 20-questions just one: did he part out the SMG brain and DME brain?

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
I'd be so (x100000) skeptical in buying this car. And wtf happened with the interior? Like already mentioned, if it's only $2500 to fix it and could be worth $25k why wouldn't he keep it and flip it? Unless I know the full history of this car, I wouldn't go anywhere near it.

Dan

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Could be... Perhaps its a sandy car, but who really knows.

I was hoping some people on here would be curious enough to call and get some details. The poster comes off as a doucebag to me and the car seems very shady... The whole "no time for 20 ?'s" had me giggle...

·
Registered
13,461 Posts
Looks really beat up. I would not even use this as a parts car as who knows what hidden damage there is.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
I'm pretty confident it's going to take more than 2500 to get this car running properly. And with the salvage title it's not going to be worth anywhere near 30k. Maybe 20k.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
I'd show up with a code reader and take a looksey. I don't think it's show room clean, but doesn't look that bad to me. That being said, there is almost nothing that breaks on these cars that can be fixed with only $2500, so I'm highly skeptical. :D

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Those pedals add value you guys! :haha:

·
Registered
147 Posts
You guys shouldnt be so quick to judge.. How about you find out why its salvage first.. Could be a theft recovery.. Replace missing parts and you are good to go

T

·
0 Posts
You guys shouldnt be so quick to judge.. How about you find out why its salvage first.. Could be a theft recovery.. Replace missing parts and you are good to go

If it were a theft recovery, it would not be a 907A. This classification literally means the car cannot be repaired in the state of New York because it is not repairable. New York and Florida do this.

The insurance company rules if a car is a 907A in New York. This would only happen if it were demolished in an accident or a flood.

Why not a theft recovery? Theft recovery cars are insurance fraud and do not receive the 907A. 99% of the time people report their car stolen when the motor goes bad and they can't afford to fix it. This is how they become a theft recovery. Otherwise the car would be completely stripped if it were a theft car and it would be a 907A.

How do I know this? Because I have bought 82 M5 & M6 from salvage yards in the past 18-months. I have bought all of them. Clean title, theft title, flood, crashed, stripped.

This car is not a theft title because it has the 907A cert. So that would make it a flood car, since is has not been in an accident aside from the pool it drove through. New York and Florida are the only states that allow insurance companies to brand the titles so they cannot be titled again in their state. These happens when they are very badly damaged like this car is.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

1 - 20 of 39 Posts