BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This weekend while backing up, I clipped a snow bank (or should I say ice berg) with my front bumper near the passenger tire wheel-well.

A piece about the size of my fist cracked off the bumper - at the bottom where the bumper meets the thick rubber piece that lines the wheel well.

At first glance, it appears the entire bumper will need to be replaced.
-Could a body shop replace the missing plastic?
-Is the dealer the best place to make the repair?
-How much do you think it will cost?

pics to come...

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
Go to a Auto-Body shop first to get an opinion.

BTW post some pictures..

·
Registered
9,355 Posts
Yes yes I'll be watching this thread. I was working on my fog lights yesterday and found a big-*** crack on the bottom of the bumper.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Check with your bodyshop first. I had a small chunk missing from the same area. I was having the stone chips removed from my front end when my autobody guy told me about the missing piece. He fixed it at no extra cost.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Front bumper Replacement

I hit something on a road trip to LA (from Tucson) and put a small hole in the middle of the lower lip of my bumper (stock bumper)- so I took it to the body shop and they said it had to be replaced- can't be patched (which I expected as it is quite fractured although the hole is smaller than a golf ball). This will run $1,125 to replace and paint (includes $500 for bumper from dealer and this will be done at dealer body shop). I have been looking for about a week for a bumper on this board, bimmerfest, ebay, umnitza, Bavarian AS, etc... and there are a lot more people looking to buy bumpers than sell them so a lot of people have some sort of issue with their bumpers. Granted, umnitza is $300 but I have read their products are not OEM quality so I was hesitant to go through them sight unseen without much history or record of use with their bumpers.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts