BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought mine the other day for $299! it is the DIC-20 model that is $449.99 on CR's site. thought i'd pass on the savings to the m6'rs too

·
Registered
644 Posts
Have you had an opportunity to try it out yet?

I've thought about picking one of these up for a few years, but have heard from others that the system is not very effective.

Give us a review once you've tried it out.

-Audio

·
Registered
102 Posts
I've had mine for several years now. Absolutely love it!

Zero hard water spots. I generally wash, pull into the garage and in the morning just give the car a quick once over with a QD product.

·
Registered
397 Posts
<HR style="COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=1> <!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->
I just bought mine the other day for $299! it is the DIC-20 model that is $449.99 on CR's site. thought i'd pass on the savings to the m6'rs too
<HR style="COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=1>
When did you buy this? Just went on Costco on-line and its priced for $369.99 (item # 180790).

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
<HR style="COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=1><!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->

<HR style="COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=1>
When did you buy this? Just went on Costco on-line and its priced for $369.99 (item # 180790).
lol great minds think alike. :M5thumbs:

·
Registered
132 Posts
CL Where to Buy

Costco Westlake Village CA, Lindero Canyon Road has them. Guessing they have/had a dozen in stock--albeit one less in about 1 hr.

price 299.00 and yes, the online price is higher. However, the Resin refills are only online at 149.00 a pop ---

·
Registered
132 Posts
Spotless Indeed

First wash with my 299.00 CR-20.

Wow. I just arrived on a new planet.

Amazing --- can't understand why I went to the trouble of chamois and polish afterward, waiting for just so shade, etc. For 40 years plus !!!!

This method is fantastic--- I have always been a detail fanatic but this is light years better, I would spend hours every Saturday getting the road film off -- turns out I was just smearing it around, the finish never was really clean, always dried with a mineral film. Who'd've thought. Now my white beast has paint depth and sparkle I never imagined.

Gotta admit it was really hard not to dry it off --- but pulled back into the garage and let it go. Fabulous. Absolutely no spots, no film. The beast actually looks better than new.... WOW

Thanks to all for the post.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Can anyone provide the Costco Item # for the $299 warehouse version?
I have called around and only have the online # which they tell me is online only and need the warehouse Item # to look it up :grrrrr:

·
Registered
132 Posts
Warehouse #

Just sent the box out with the recycling---I'll get the label and post it.

Nick of time....

·
Registered
146 Posts
This appears to be a west coast only item for the warehouse pickup :sad2:
Will order online...

·
Registered
146 Posts
Thanks, but not available in the entire Midwest. Ordering on line

·
Registered
8,153 Posts
Tried it last week when i detailed some cars and it looks promising but I need to use it more to confirm it's effectiveness :cheers:

·
Registered
132 Posts
Spotless

Multiple replies:

Warehouse item is pre-filled with two resin cartridges. Open the box, screw on two unions, attach short hose to spigot --your long hose to outflow, supplied nozzle at end---note: only use three settings, cone, flat and I forget.....(fan?)

Wash car -- DO NOT TRY TO DRY IT. Amazingly, an absolutely clean terry towel had soap residue...the two windows and one mirror I couldn't help toweling streaked.

No extra resin --- but I don't recall the online unit coming with refills....If so, then online is a bargain at 350 plus or minus because the offered refill packs are 150 smacks. But I am (as are all M6ers) soooooooo into instant gratification. Why do we have 500 horsepower anyway?

However -- wash and leave wet, and resist, resist the temptation to dry --- it really does dry spotless if you let it. But, oh my, so totally counterintuitive to wash a car in the sun and leave it wet.......

·
Registered
815 Posts
I got the unit as will but I have the large size one about $550 with shipping straight from CRspotless.
I use the water for the rinse bucket when washing in the sun, just make sure you rinse the car 100%
with DI water off the unit it self, so far so good here! oh wanna speed things up use a leaf blower
to blow off water so drying would be quicker!

·
Registered
815 Posts
Multiple replies:

Warehouse item is pre-filled with two resin cartridges. Open the box, screw on two unions, attach short hose to spigot --your long hose to outflow, supplied nozzle at end---note: only use three settings, cone, flat and I forget.....(fan?)

Wash car -- DO NOT TRY TO DRY IT. Amazingly, an absolutely clean terry towel had soap residue...the two windows and one mirror I couldn't help toweling streaked.

No extra resin --- but I don't recall the online unit coming with refills....If so, then online is a bargain at 350 plus or minus because the offered refill packs are 150 smacks. But I am (as are all M6ers) soooooooo into instant gratification. Why do we have 500 horsepower anyway?

However -- wash and leave wet, and resist, resist the temptation to dry --- it really does dry spotless if you let it. But, oh my, so totally counterintuitive to wash a car in the sun and leave it wet.......
I totally understand what you are saying, it is that hard to leave the car
wet in the sun or shade for that matter, take my advice on this,
the smallest dirt sticking to the water while its wet waiting to dry, will
leave water spots! trust me you want to make sure your car at least
has a sealant or wax on it at the time.

Carnauba waxes max durability 3-4 weeks depends on temperature as it
melts quicker that sythatic sealants, sealants on the other hand depends
on quality, the worst of them will last 3 months in a daily driver
parked in the garage at night.

difference some might ask? well carnuba gives darker depth to the paint
perfect for summers if you wax every 3 weeks max;
Sealants gives allot of gloss "makes the paint look like if it is coated with plastic". hope this helps.

·
Registered
132 Posts
CR Spotless

Just rigged an airline from my compressor. I agree that the slightest spec of dust will mark when drying ---so, will try blowing most of the droplets off. But, I am avoiding toweling ---THAT streaks.

Fussy lot aren't we?

·
Registered
815 Posts
Just rigged an airline from my compressor. I agree that the slightest spec of dust will mark when drying ---so, will try blowing most of the droplets off. But, I am avoiding toweling ---THAT streaks.

Fussy lot aren't we?
Hah! not really I do drive it like it is spoused to be driven "hard"
but when it comes to proper auto wash that is what I enjoy,
regardless I rather be in a clean 3 series than a dirty Bugatti. :cheers:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts