BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just pulled up the codes 0B and A2 which I know are related to the CPS. Is it ok to drive the car for about a month until replacing or is it something that needs to be done now? The reason for me waiting is because I dont have the time right now and I want to replace sparkplugs, valve gaskets, fuel filter, clean seperators, and a few other small things.​

·
Registered
6,958 Posts
No problem to wait. Symptoms may become more noticeable with time however.

D

·
Registered
12,398 Posts
Is it a recent code? (Ie does it come back after being reset, and the CEL light is on?)

How many miles will you drive it?

I'd do it sooner rather than later....

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It is a recent code. Usually I get the Airflow to low(AA) code so I figured it was that but then I got two more. 0B I know is eCPS bank 5-8. But I see from the book that A2 is "Crankshaft/Camshaft position correlation, Cyl 5-8" what does that mean? I'll probably drive 1500 miles. And I plan on changing all the iCPS and eCPS.

·
Registered
12,398 Posts
It is a recent code. Usually I get the Airflow to low(AA) code so I figured it was that but then I got two more. 0B I know is eCPS bank 5-8. But I see from the book that A2 is "Crankshaft/Camshaft position correlation, Cyl 5-8" what does that mean? I'll probably drive 1500 miles. And I plan on changing all the iCPS and eCPS.
Uh. You know what the AA code is, correct? Powerchip.

Once the CPS gives bad timing data to the bank, you'll get spurious codes for other things related to camshafts. Vanos or Crank?Cam correlaton is not uncommon.

I suppose you could have marginal issues with running rich when the CPS isn't working as planned, and perhaps getting fuel dilution in the oil or more 'stress' on your CATS. (Just my hypothetical musings)

1500 miles is a good bit. Take the 30 minutes and do the intake CPS one evening....

A

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks. I want to get a powerchip to get rid of that code but I also want a dinan chip to raise the idle for my UUC fly. I wish there was a chip to do both!!! I plan on changing the valve cover gaskets and when I have everything off I want to do the CPS. Is there anything else I should do while I have that stuff off?? The car has 107k miles.

·
Registered
12,952 Posts
thanks. I want to get a powerchip to get rid of that code but I also want a dinan chip to raise the idle for my UUC fly. I wish there was a chip to do both!!! .
Powerchip and Dinan can both raise the idle speed and adjust redlines, but I believe only Powerchip has the coding to get rid of the SES for carbon issues. They can also get rid of the SES for race cats. Very easy to work with.
Regards,
Jerry

1 - 7 of 7 Posts