BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys. . .a quick question for you all?

My CPO will run out soon. The only work I have had done under CPO Warranty thus far is getting the pixels on my dashboard fixed.

From your experiences, should I get anything checked/fixed before my warranty expires?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
767 Posts
The month before my coverage expired, I had the car looked at by an independant shop (DINAN). They found a leaking valve cover gasket that I had the dealer fix. Best money spend as the repair is 5 hours. Maybe you should have an independant shop look at the car.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Your dealer repaired your valve cover gaskets under the CPO warranty ?

Philip said:
The month before my coverage expired, I had the car looked at by an independant shop (DINAN). They found a leaking valve cover gasket that I had the dealer fix. Best money spend as the repair is 5 hours. Maybe you should have an independant shop look at the car.

·
10,455 Posts
lylerichards said:
Your dealer repaired your valve cover gaskets under the CPO warranty ?
Oil leaks are covered under cpo warranty, i also had vc gaskets done under my cpo. It may get 5hrs book time, but theres no way it's a 5 hr job, you could diy in 2, no probs.

I'd also agree to get an independent shop to do an inspection, as if you were buying the car. CPO is almost up! are you about to hit 100k, or did you get your car early 99?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Interesting, BMW told me that they would only cover it under the CPO if there was a problem with the valve cover. They want to ding for the full amount.

mottati said:
Oil leaks are covered under cpo warranty, i also had vc gaskets done under my cpo. It may get 5hrs book time, but theres no way it's a 5 hr job, you could diy in 2, no probs.

I'd also agree to get an independent shop to do an inspection, as if you were buying the car. CPO is almost up! are you about to hit 100k, or did you get your car early 99?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts