BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered my M5 through an out of town dealer to get #1 slot and only pay MSRP. I was planning on arranging closed container shipping from the dealer to me here (1500 miles away -- too far to drive for me!). Someone mentioned to me that it might be possible to arrange a "courtesy delivery" to a local dealer here by BMW (i guess the car comes here from the delivery center rather than to the dealer in the midwest) instead and take delivery here even though I didn't buy the car at the local dealership. Anyone ever heard of this or done it?? What's in it for the local dealer (maybe my ongoing service business .....) ? IS there a charge for this??

Any info would be helpful

Thanks

·
Registered
37 Posts
turtle said:
I ordered my M5 through an out of town dealer to get #1 slot and only pay MSRP. I was planning on arranging closed container shipping from the dealer to me here (1500 miles away -- too far to drive for me!). Someone mentioned to me that it might be possible to arrange a "courtesy delivery" to a local dealer here by BMW (i guess the car comes here from the delivery center rather than to the dealer in the midwest) instead and take delivery here even though I didn't buy the car at the local dealership. Anyone ever heard of this or done it?? What's in it for the local dealer (maybe my ongoing service business .....) ? IS there a charge for this??

Any info would be helpful

Thanks
I did a "courtesy" delivery of an M3 about 2 years ago. There was no charge but perhaps because there was nothing in it for the delivering dealer and the fact that the selling dealer had full payment, the service was awful. The M3 was my 4th BMW and the "courtesy" delivery was very nearly enough to make it my last. It's also possible that it was pure coincidence but I would happily drive 1500 miles to avoid a repeat experience. That said, I'm looking at a mid-2006 M5 (NON-courtesy delivery).

·
Registered
537 Posts
ive read several post where hte receiving dealer will charge 400 to 750 for a courtesy delivery. Call around and see if any will do that for you.

its free money for them

·
Registered
67 Posts
Have it shipped via something like Horseless Carriage or FEDEX Passport. My father uses Fedex Custom Critical (the parent company of Passport) all the time for items and has nothing but praise. Plus you can get an online quote. Tim

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.